1976 (age 43–44)
San Francisco Bay Area, U.S.
Jesse Hernandez (born 1976) is an American tattoo artist and graphic designer for video games and collectible toys. He was a part of the urban vinyl art movement of the 2010s. He was also the lead character and prop designer on United Front Games' ModNation Racers. His designs have been featured on Kidrobot's Dunny toys, including one owned by singer-songwriter Usher.
Hernandez studied fine art at the San Francisco Art Institute. Much of his art combines Graffiti and Aztec art. In 2007, Hernandez worked alongside Ramon Lopez on The Nutshack, a television series geared toward a Filipino American audience, he voices Horat, also known as Horatio. His comment in the behind-the-scenes, heard as "As Nebble say Brontosaurus" became an acclaimed meme. In 2014, Hernandez was asked to paint a mural for The Oakland Museum's "Songs and Sorrows" Exhibition titled Danza de los Muertos. In 2015, Hernandez designed a brand of designer headphones for Sol Republic called "Urban Aztec". He has also worked for Gears of War 4 and created artwork for the hip-hop group Run the Jewels.
- "Designer Jesse Hernandez Shows Us His Vinyl Addiction". PlayStation News. Sony Interactive Entertainment. May 3, 2010.
- Mihoerck, Dan (May 14, 2010). "ModNation Racers Artist: Jesse Hernandez". GameStop.com. GameStop.
- "Wrap Up – Calavera Dunny Signing With Jesse Hernandez At KRNY". Kidrobot.com. Kidrobot. December 19, 2011.
- "Songs and Sorrows: Días de los Muertos 20th Anniversary | Oakland Museum of California". museumca.org. Retrieved 2016-09-21.
- "Dia De los Muertos with Jesse "Urban Aztec" Hernandez". Sol Republic. October 26, 2015.
- "Rockstar releasing limited edition Gears of War 4 can". 2016-09-06. Retrieved 2016-09-21.