Sirles with the Minnesota Vikings in 2015
|Born:||August 8, 1991|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||315 lb (143 kg)|
|High school:||Bear Creek|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
|Player stats at PFR|
Jeremiah Sirles (born August 8, 1991) is an American football guard who is currently a free agent. He played college football at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln and attended Bear Creek High School in Lakewood, Colorado. He has also been a member of the San Diego Chargers, Minnesota Vikings, Carolina Panthers, and Buffalo Bills.
Sirles played high school football for the Bear Creek High School Bears. He was named to the Rocky Mountain News' All-Colorado squad his junior and senior years. He also earned first-team All-Colorado and all-conference honors as a junior, helping his team reach the state quarterfinals. As a sophomore, Sirles helped Bear Creek to the state quarterfinals, garnering first-team All-South Metro League and second-team all-state honors. He also participated in basketball and track & field at Bear Creek, helping his team to the state basketball tournament his senior year.
Sirles played for the Nebraska Cornhuskers from 2010 to 2013. He was redshirted in 2009. He played in 53 games, starting 41 for the Cornhuskers. He was the 2013 recipient of the Cornhuskers' Guy Chamberlin Award. Sirles also earned honorable mention All-Big Ten honors as a senior and second-team All-Big Ten as a junior, along with Academic All-Big Ten honors his senior year.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 6 5⁄8 in
|5.37 s||1.91 s||3.06 s||4.86 s||7.63 s||26 in
|8 ft 6 in
|All values from Nebraska Pro Day|
San Diego Chargers
Sirles signed with the San Diego Chargers on May 10, 2014 after going undrafted in the 2014 NFL Draft. He was signed to the Chargers' practice squad on August 31, 2014. He was promoted to the active roster on November 29, 2014. Sirles made his NFL debut on December 20, 2014 against the San Francisco 49ers filling in as guard for an injured Johnnie Troutman. He made his first career start at right guard on December 28, 2014 against the Kansas City Chiefs.
In the 22-10 upset at Carolina in Week 3, Sirles played the final 39 minutes at left guard when Alex Boone went down because of a hip injury. The following week, Sirles stepped in at right tackle after Andre Smith went down with an elbow injury with eight minutes left in the first quarter. With Sirles on the field for the final 52 minutes, the Vikings scored 24 points, did not give up a sack, surpassed 100 yards rushing and scored their first two rushing touchdowns of the season. A week later, Sirles made his first start at right tackle in the Vikings' 31-13 win over the Houston Texans. He was the highest graded Viking offensive lineman in the game according to Pro Football Focus.
On March 23, 2018, Sirles signed a one-year contract with the Carolina Panthers, reuniting with former Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner. He was placed on injured reserve on September 1, 2018. He was released on September 6, 2018.
- "Jeremiah Sirles". huskers.com. Archived from the original on December 21, 2014. Retrieved December 21, 2014.
- "Jeremiah Sirles". chargers.com. Archived from the original on August 14, 2015. Retrieved December 21, 2014.
- "Jeremiah Sirles". nfldraftscout.com. Archived from the original on September 6, 2015. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- "Jeremiah Sirles". kffl.com. Archived from the original on December 21, 2014. Retrieved December 21, 2014.
- "JEREMIAH SIRLES". foxsports.com. Archived from the original on August 14, 2015. Retrieved November 6, 2016.
- "Jeremiah Sirles". pro-football-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved December 21, 2014.
- "Chargers vs. 49ers: Full Report Card Grades for San Diego". bleacherreport.com. December 21, 2014. Archived from the original on December 21, 2014. Retrieved December 21, 2014.
- Krammer, Andrew (September 5, 2015). "Vikings trade Chargers for offensive lineman Jeremiah Sirles". 1500espn.com. Archived from the original on September 5, 2015. Retrieved November 6, 2016.
- Versatile Jeremiah Sirles proving his value
- PFF: Houston-Minnesota grades
- Henson, Max (March 23, 2018). "Panthers sign Jeremiah Sirles to one-year contract". Panthers.com.
- Voth, Bill (September 1, 2018). "Panthers trim roster to 53". Panthers.com.
- "Bills trade OL Marshall Newhouse, sign versatile Jeremiah Sirles". Bills Wire. USA Today. September 25, 2018.
- "Bills sign OL Jeremiah Sirles to one-year deal". BuffaloBills.com. January 16, 2019.
- Brown, Chris (July 23, 2019). "Bills sign safety Abraham Wallace, offensive lineman Isaac Asiata". BuffaloBills.com.