Jens Jacob Lapidus
Jens Lapidus in 2011
|Born||24 May 1974|
|Occupation||Crime novelist, lawyer|
|Subject||Crime, thriller, mystery, noir|
|Notable works||Easy Money|
Lapidus was born into a Jewish middle class family in the Stockholm suburb Gröndal. As a young man he was active in the Stureplan party scene, which plays a role in his novels. He made his writing debut in August 2006 with Easy Money, an account of the Stockholm underworld, and the first of the Stockholm Noir trilogy. Two years later the second installment Aldrig fucka upp was published by Wahlström & Widstrand. A graphic novel with illustrator Peter Bergting (The Portent) entitled Gängkrig 145 was published in May 2009. While this project does take places in the same universe as the novels, it is not the third part of the Stockholm Noir trilogy but rather a side story. The third part was published in 2011 with the title Livet deluxe. In 2014 Lapidus published the novel VIP-rummet which is the start of a new series unrelated to his Stockholm Noir trilogy. The second part STHLM Delete was published in 2015. His writing has been compared to James Ellroy and Dennis Lehane. The Stockholm Noir trilogy has also been adapted into a Swedish trilogy of films released in 2010, 2012, and 2013. The third part Top Dog in the new series was published in 2017 (in English in 2018). Together with two others Lapidus has written the TV-series Advokaten.
Jens Lapidus lives in Stockholm with his wife, Hedda, one daughter and two sons.
Lapidus also does some modelling work and has recently represented Cartier.
The Stockholm Noir trilogy
- Snabba cash (2006) (English publication: "Easy Money")
- Aldrig fucka upp (2008) (English publication: "Never Fuck Up"/ "Never Screw Up")
- Livet deluxe (2011) (English publication: "Life Deluxe")
- VIP-rummet (2014) (English Translation: "VIP-room")
- STHLM Delete (2015) (English Translation: "Stockholm delete")
- Topp dogg (2017) (English Translation: "Top dog")
- Gängkrig 145 (2009) (English Translation: "Gang War 145")
Short story collection
- Mamma försökte (2012) (English Translation: "Mama Tried")