St. Martin's Church (1863).
|• Total||6.72 km2 (2.59 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Jemappes (in older texts also: Jemmapes) is a Walloon town in south-western Belgium, province Hainaut. Since 1973, it is part of the city Mons. Jemappes is known for the Battle of Jemappes between the French and Austrian armies in 1792.
- Georges Emile Lebacq, painter born on 26 September 1876
- Jean-Marie Buchet, author-filmmaker born on 24 February 1938.
- Salvatore Adamo, singer, lived here 1948 - ?
- Gérard Roland, noted Economist, born in 1954.
- Eric-Claude Ceccarelli, annoted Area manager, born in 1969.
|Wikisource has the text of the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica article Jemappes.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jemappes.|
|This Hainaut province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|