November 28, 1977|
Boynton Beach, Florida
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||185 lb (84 kg; 13.2 st)|
|Residence||St. Augustine, Florida|
|College||Florida Southern College|
|Current tour(s)||Web.com Tour|
|Former tour(s)||PGA Tour|
|Number of wins by tour|
Klauk was born in Boynton Beach, Florida. He played golf at Nease High School. He played collegiately at Florida Southern College where his team won the NCAA Division II Championship three times (1998–2000) and he won the individual title in 2000. He also played on the 2000 Palmer Cup team.
He has two professional wins on the Nationwide Tour. One came in 2003, at the Preferred Health Systems Wichita Open. The other came five years later in 2008 at the Melwood Prince George's County Open, which propelled him into the top 25 on the 2008 Nationwide Tour money list.
He had a successful rookie year on the PGA Tour and finished ranked 71st on the money list to retain his tour card.
Klauk's professional career has been marred by a history of injuries and epileptic seizures. In September 2012, after brain surgery, he made his first professional golf start for the first time in fourteen months at the Web.com Tour's Albertson's Boise Open. Klauk started 2013 with a "major medical extension" on the PGA Tour, however he failed to earn enough money ($578,937 in eight starts) to retain his card.
Klauk has two children, Jackson and Bridget.
Professional wins (2)
Nationwide Tour wins (2)
U.S. national team appearances
- Smits, Garry (August 25, 2003). "Nease grad Klauk wins Wichita Open". The Florida Times-Union. Retrieved May 15, 2013.
- Shapiro, Leonard (May 26, 2008). "Klauk Finds Inner Peace". The Washington Post. p. E04. Retrieved May 15, 2013.
- Wacker, Brian (September 11, 2012). "After years of uncertainty, Klauk begins road back". PGA Tour. Retrieved May 15, 2013.
- Rosaforte, Tim (May 13, 2013). "'I'm Positive About It All': Epilepsy interrupted Jeff Klauk's golf career, but offers him a new perspective on life". Golf World. pp. 13–4. Retrieved May 15, 2013.
- "PGA Tour Media Guide – Jeff Klauk". PGA Tour. Retrieved May 13, 2013.