|Full name||Jason Garey|
|Date of birth||July 19, 1984|
|Place of birth||Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of September 26, 2012|
Youth and College
Born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Garey, who grew up in Gonzales, Louisiana, attended St. Amant High School and played for the Baton Rouge Soccer Club. He continues to hold Louisiana high school records for most goals in a season (73) and in a career (170). Garey played college soccer at the University of Maryland.In his senior season, he scored 22 goals in 25 games, was named a first-team All-American, won the Hermann Trophy as the best college player, and led the Terrapins to the College Cup.
After five seasons with Columbus Crew, Garey's rights were traded to Houston Dynamo in exchange for a fourth-round draft pick in the 2015 MLS SuperDraft. At the end of the 2011 season, Houston declined his 2012 contract option and he entered the 2011 MLS Re-Entry Draft. Garey was not selected in the draft and became a free agent.
- Columbus Crew
- Major League Soccer Eastern Conference Championship: 2008
- Major League Soccer MLS Cup: 2008
- Major League Soccer Supporter's Shield: 2008, 2009
Beyond the pitch
- Witz, Billy. "Playing for Columbus, but Fighting for the Lands Back Home," The New York Times, Sunday, August 15, 2010.
- "Gulf Coast native excited for return". 3 December 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2012-01-21.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "North Carolina Football Club Announces Broadcast Schedule for Remainder of Season". North Carolina Courage. June 6, 2019. Retrieved August 18, 2019.
- "NCFC Youth Board of Directors". NCFC Youth. Retrieved August 18, 2019.