Janpath is a Delhi Metro station on the Violet Line under the metro's phase III expansion. It is part of a plan to introduce a parallel line to the busy Yellow Line corridor as well as provide quicker access to the Blue Line by connecting Mandi House and Central Secretariat. The station was opened on 26 June 2014.
In April 2013, Delhi Metro rounded off the 1,516-metre tunnel on Mandi House-Janpath stretch of Phase-III expansion project. It took 182 days of excavation work to complete the tunnel. The 5.8 dia tunnel runs under some notable places like the American Centre, Nepal Embassy, Fulbright House, Antriksh Bhawan, Scindia House and Janpath Market to name a few.
The new metro station is targeted at easing the congestion at the Rajiv Chowk Metro station, which is bustling with more than 300,000 commuters every day. This phase three project will add an extra 140 km to Delhi's metro network, covering almost 75 percent of Delhi metropolis.
|M||Mezzanine||Fare control, station agent, Ticket/token, shops|
|P||Southbound||Platform 1 → Toward Raja Nahar Singh|
|Island platform, doors will open on the right|
|Northbound||Platform 2 Toward ← Kashmere Gate|
- "Delhi Metro's Mandi House-Central Secretariat line opens". Times of India. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Third Delhi Metro tunnel of Phase-III project at Janpath station completed". The Financial Express. Archived from the original on 19 June 2013. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "70 percent of Janpath Metro station ready". Yahoo! News. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Delhi Metro.|
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (Official site)
- Delhi Metro Annual Reports
- "Station Information". Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC). Archived from the original on 19 June 2010.
- UrbanRail.Net – descriptions of all metro systems in the world, each with a schematic map showing all stations.