James Joseph Pallotta
March 13, 1958
Stoneham, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Alma mater||University Of Massachusetts |
|Known for||Chairman and managing director, Raptor Group|
Partner at Tudor Investment Corporation
Chairman & Major shareholder of A.S. Roma
Shareholder of Boston Basketball Partners
|Net worth||US$1 billion (2018)|
James Joseph Pallotta (born March 13, 1958) is an American billionaire businessman. In 2009, he founded Raptor Group, a private investment company. Prior to forming Raptor, Pallotta was vice chairman at Tudor Investment Corporation. He is co-owner and chairman of the Italian football club A.S. Roma; co-owner and executive board member of the National Basketball Association's Boston Celtics, and co-owner of esports franchise Fnatic.
Pallotta was born in 1958 in Boston to a mother from Canosa di Puglia, Apulia and a father from Calabria, Italy. Along with sisters Carla and Christine Pallotta, he was raised in Boston's Italian north end neighborhood. His sisters own and operate NEBO Cucina & Enoteca in Boston's financial district. Pallotta earned an BA at University of Massachusetts Amherst and an MBA at Northeastern University.
Pallotta founded Raptor Group, a private investment company with offices in Boston, New York City, Miami, London, and Abu Dhabi. Raptor focuses on various industries including sports, consumer, technology, media, entertainment, and financial services.
Tudor Investment Corporation
Prior to Raptor Group, Pallotta was a vice chairman and partner at Tudor Investment Corporation.
Pallotta is a member of the board of trustees for the Santa Fe Institute and the Board of Trustees for Northeastern University. Pallotta serves on the Board of Directors for New Profit Inc. as well as the Board of Advisors for Tulco, LLC. He is also a member of the Advisory Council for the MIT Media Lab and the External Advisory Committee for the Center for Brains, Minds and Machines (CBMM) at MIT.
- "ASSEMBLEA STRAORDINARIA DEGLI AZIONISTI" (PDF) (Press release). A.S. Roma. March 1, 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 20, 2014. Retrieved September 20, 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 23, 2018. Retrieved September 23, 2018.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Bloomberg - Are you a robot?". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved June 19, 2019.
- http://publogix.com/e/1617-bcyb/#/ Archived May 25, 2017, at the Wayback Machine Boston Celtics 2016–17 Year Book
- "AffluenceIQ 50 Richest in Massachusetts". www.affluenceiq.com. Archived from the original on September 23, 2018. Retrieved June 19, 2019.
- "The 50 Wealthiest Bostonians". Boston Magazine. May 15, 2006. Archived from the original on November 28, 2016. Retrieved November 11, 2016.
- "James Pallotta - Founder @ Raptor Ventures | crunchbase". www.crunchbase.com. Archived from the original on November 12, 2016. Retrieved November 11, 2016.
- Straus, Brian. "Brian Straus: American Pallotta out to turn AS Roma into a 21st-century empire". SI.com. Archived from the original on November 12, 2016. Retrieved November 11, 2016.
- Heitner, Darren (April 10, 2017). "Fnatic Esports Brand Receives Over $7 Million In Financing". Forbes. Archived from the original on December 9, 2017. Retrieved December 8, 2017.
- Blumenthal, Rachel Leah (January 18, 2013). "Nebo Owners Carla and Christine Pallotta". Eater Boston. Archived from the original on November 4, 2016. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
- "Roma's new owner reveals broad plans". Archived from the original on January 18, 2017. Retrieved January 13, 2017.
- - (August 28, 2012). "GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT Pallotta, è tua! Tra basket e soccer. La scalata di mister James per fare grande la Roma". gazzettagiallorossa.it. Archived from the original on April 1, 2019. Retrieved June 19, 2019.
- "U.S. Billionaire Nears Purchase of AS Roma Soccer Club". Bloomberg L.P. December 29, 2019. Retrieved December 31, 2019.
- Marshall, Jenna. "Manager of Communications". Santa Fe Institute.
- "Members of the Board of Trustees". Northeastern University. Archived from the original on January 23, 2018. Retrieved January 22, 2018.
- "New Profit Leadership Team". New Profit. Archived from the original on December 28, 2017. Retrieved January 22, 2018.
- "Team". Tulco. Archived from the original on January 23, 2018. Retrieved January 22, 2018.
- "Advisory Council". MIT Media Lab.
- "External Advisory Committee". CBMM External Advisory Committee. Archived from the original on November 24, 2017. Retrieved December 8, 2017.