James Love (right, on guitar) performing with Men Without Hats, June 2011
This section's factual accuracy is disputed. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A graduate of the Roberto-Venn School of Luthiery, Love toured as a guitar technician in the road crew of Fenix TX, a Houston pop punk band. He joined the group as a full member in early 2001, replacing Damon DeLaPaz as guitarist after the departure of drummer Donnie Vomit caused DeLaPaz to move to drums. Love played on the band's final studio album, Lechuza, released in May 2001, and after a concert tour, he left the group later the same year.
From 2004 to 2006, Love toured with the Dillinger Escape Plan, and became a member of that band in 2013. Love was also in a Houston-based heavy metal band called Torches of Fury, with whom he recorded the group's self-titled 2006 EP. In Houston, he also formed Golden Axe, a heavy metal duo active from 2005 to 2011.
Love joined Men Without Hats in 2010 as a touring member of the revived 1980s band, and subsequently returned to Canada. The group's leader, Ivan Doroschuk, made Love a full member of the Vancouver-based group, and Love appeared on their 2012 album Love in the Age of War, the first Men Without Hats album in nine years. He was replaced as guitarist in October 2016, several weeks before the band began a European tour.
- Sharp, Keith (October 1, 2015). "Men Without Hats: Strike Off the Bucket List". The Music Express. Canada. Archived from the original on May 12, 2016.
- "Biography". Fenix*TX (official website). MCA Records. September 3, 2001. Archived from the original on May 16, 2008.
- Whitburn, Joel (2007). The Billboard Albums: Includes Every Album That Made the Billboard 200 Chart. Record Research Inc. p. 353. ISBN 9780898201666 – via Google Books.
- Magnotta, Andrew (August 2, 2013). "An Interview with Ben Weinman from The Dillinger Escape Plan: Face First". The Aquarian Weekly. Archived from the original on November 30, 2016.
- Rouner, Jef (June 26, 2013). "Happy Birthday, Richard Garfield! A Magic: The Gathering Playlist". Houston Press. Archived from the original on November 30, 2016.
- Torches of Fury at AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- "Golden Axe" (official website). Bandcamp. Archived from the original on 2016-04-04.
- Medina, Ramon (May 11, 2008). "Music with Jameson & Lone Star: How Metal Are You?". Free Press Houston. Archived from the original on December 1, 2016.
- Kelly, Brendan (April 23, 2012). "Men Without Hats returning with new album Love in the Age of War". Montreal Gazette. Archived from the original on November 30, 2016.
- Doroschuk, Ivan (October 24, 2016). "Hey everybody, Ivan here. I would like to introduce the new guitar player for Men Without Hats, Mr. Sho Murray..." Facebook. Retrieved 2016-11-09.