|James Logan High School|
1800 H Street
|School district||New Haven Unified School District|
|Enrollment||3,600 (as of Oct 2018)|
|Campus size||64 acres (260,000 m2)|
|Color(s)||Black and Red|
|Mascot||Jimmy the Colt|
In 1994 and 1998, Logan was recognized as a California Distinguished School by the California Department of Education. Logan was recognized in 1983 and 1987 as a Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education.
Band and color guard
The marching band and color guard have won two Westerns States Marching Band Conference (WSMBC) championships (1997, 1999) and the Western Band Association championships in 2017. The world guard participates in WGI (Winter Guard International) and won ten consecutive gold medals from 1998 to 2007.
- Stephen Abas - 2004 Olympic silver medalist in freestyle wrestling
- Otis Amey - former wide receiver for the San Francisco 49ers
- Joey Bragg - actor on the Disney Channel show Liv and Maddie
- Darryl Byrd - NFL player
- Dejon Gomes - defensive back for the Detroit Lions
- Vicky Guerrero - professional wrestling personality, signed to WWE
- Jonn Hart - R&B singer
- Cassey Ho - YouTube fitness guru
- Aaron Ledesma - Major League Baseball infielder for the New York Mets, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Baltimore Orioles, and Colorado Rockies
- SuChin Pak - MTV News reporter
- Danielle Reyes - contestant on CBS's Big Brother 3 (2002) and Big Brother 7: All-Stars (2006)
- Nate Robinson - Chicago Bulls player (moved to Seattle before senior year)
- David Shaw - Head Coach of Stanford Cardinal football
- Donnie Spragan - linebacker for the Miami Dolphins
- Kelli White - track and field athlete involved in the BALCO scandal
- Roy Williams - former NFL safety
- "Distinguished School Awards - Alameda County". State of California - Department of Education. Archived from the original on March 21, 2005. Retrieved 2006-04-18.
- "Blue Ribbon Schools Program: Schools Recognized 1982-1983 through 1999-2002". U.S. Department of Education. Archived from the original on 2004-02-13. Retrieved 2006-04-19.
- "WBA GRAND CHAMPIONSHIPS 4A/5A Results". Western Band Association. 19 November 2017. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- "Winter Guard International Scholastic World Color Guard Champions". Winter Guard International. Retrieved 2010-01-03.