Jim Iyke on the set of Omambala
James Ikechukwu Okolue
25 September 1971
|Other names||James Ikechukwu Esomugha; James Ikechukwu Okolue|
Early life and education
He was born on 25 September 1971 in Libreville, Gabon. His parents are Mr and Mrs Stephen Okolue, whose last name changed to Esomugha from ogwugwu village in Enugu Agidi town of Anambra State. He is the only boy in a family of eight children. He completed his secondary school education in F. G. C. Kwali Abuja from 1985 to 1991.
Jim Iyke began acting in 2001. He's one of the highest paid actors in Nollywood, and has appeared in over 150 films. He started a movie production company, Untamed Productions in 2007. Jim Iyke began his own music label, Untamed Records. He produced a first album, titled “Who Am I?” featuring some of Nigeria’s top musicians such as TuFace Idibia, and Sound Sultan.
The controversial video of Iyke's purported 'deliverance' at The Synagogue, Church of All Nations, led by Pastor T.B. Joshua went viral and led to intense debate on social media. The 'evil spirit' supposedly confessed that it was behind Iyke's inability to get married.
Iyke is the founder of Jim lyke Foundation for Children with Special Disabilities. He visited Kenya in December 2012 in support of the Make a Change Campaign, a charity project founded by Christopher Grey, and Jamaican dance hall artist Cécile.
Iyke holds a black belt in taekwondo. In April 2019, the Nollywood star took to his Instagram to announce the birth of his son in which he uploaded a picture showing him & his newly born baby boy in his arms.
|2010||Between Kings and Queens||Nnanna||Joy Dickson|||
|2012||Last Flight to Abuja||David||Obi Emelonye|||
|2013||And Then There Was You||Zuma||Leila Djansi|||
|2014||When Love Comes Around||N/A||Afe Olumowe|||
|2017||American Driver||Jim Iyke||Moses Inwang|||
|2018||Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons||Naz||Toka McBaror|||
|2019||Dead rite||N/A||Tope Alake|||
|2019||The Set Up||Edem||Niyi Akinmolayan|||
|2019||Merry Men 2: Another Mission||Naz||Moses Inwang|||
- "Aww, love SO sweet: Actress, Nadia Buari's tweets at Jim Iyke on his birthday (READ) » YNaija". YNaija. September 25, 2013. Retrieved March 20, 2020.
- "Jim Iyke". Naij.com – Nigeria news. Retrieved June 7, 2017.
- Izuzu, Chidumga. "Jim Iyke: 7 things you probably don"t know about actor". Retrieved June 7, 2017.
- "Jim Iyke at The "Synagugue"". The Nation Newspapers. October 1, 2013. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- "Untamed Productions". Jim Iyke's World: Official Website.
- "Download link for 'Who am I' by Jim Iyke feat Tuface". Waptrick. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- "This is STYLE. This is how I understand it - Jim Iyke". Xclusive Magazine. July 28, 2017. Retrieved March 20, 2020.
- "Much Ado About Jim Iyke's Deliverance at TB Joshua's Synagogue". Daily Independent (Nigeria). October 1, 2013. Archived from the original on February 22, 2014. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Aglanu, Ernest Dela (September 29, 2013). "Jim Iyke Delivered From 'Demonic' Possession at TB Joshua's Church". My Joy Online (Ghana). Archived from the original on February 9, 2014. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- "Jim Iyke". Retrieved April 27, 2020.
- "How I wish I was not that popular – Jim Iyke". Modern Ghana. August 21, 2009. Retrieved July 27, 2018.
- "Nollywood actor Jim Iyke poses with son". Punch Newspapers. Retrieved May 19, 2019.
- "'When Love Comes Around' Jim Iyke, Eku Edewor, others star in new movie". Pulse Nigeria. Chidumga Izuzu. Retrieved December 19, 2014.