This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
James F. Pastor is an expert in terrorism, security, public safety and police matters. Pastor is an Associate Professor of Public Safety at Calumet College of St. Joseph, and is also an adjunct instructor for the International Law Enforcement Academy (ILEA) a State Department sponsored program where he teaches classes to police officials from countries throughout the world. He is the President of SecureLaw Ltd., a public safety and security consulting firm located in Chicago, Illinois.
Pastor has appeared as an expert witness in numerous trials relating to police procedures and security methods. Pastor is regularly sought out to speak on the topics surrounding terrorism, security, public safety and police matters by the media as well as industry. Pastor has authored three related books and contributed author to leading industrial manuals.
Pastor started his career with the Chicago Police Department where he served as a tactical police officer in the Gang Crime Enforcement unit combating Chicago gangs including the El Rukn, a group with ties to international terrorist groups. Pastor later served as an Assistant Department Advocate where he represented the department in internal disciplinary matters, including hundreds of use of force cases. As an attorney, Pastor also represented two police unions and five security firms including serving as Legal Counsel/Operational Auditor for SecurityLink. Pastor is a member of ASIS Law Enforcement Liaison Council, Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police, the Association of Threat Assessment Professionals and past board member of the International Association of Professional Security Consultants (IAPSC).
- AELE Law Enforcement Legal Center
- Forensic Expert Witness Association
- PBS TV
- Washington Business Journal
- Arizona Republic
- WGN RADIO
- PBS Affiliate
- Info Security
- Security Directors News
- Pastor, James F. (2009). Terrorism & Public Safety Policing: Implications of the Obama Presidency. New York, NY: Taylor & Francis. ISBN 978-1-4398-1580-9.
- Pastor, James F. (2003). The Privatization of Police In America: An Analysis and Case Study. Jefferson, NC: McFarland. ISBN 978-0-7864-1574-8.
- Pastor, James F. (2006). Security Law and Methods. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier. ISBN 978-0-7506-7994-7.
- ASIS Protection of Assets Manual