|Service||United States Army|
|Other work||Writer, |
Lieutenant General James M. Dubik (U.S. Army, Ret.) is a Senior Fellow at the Institute for the Study of War and a Professor at Georgetown University's Security Studies Program. General Dubik has extensive operational experience in Iraq, Afghanistan, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Bosnia, Haiti, Panama, Honduras, and in many NATO countries.
His last job on active duty was as Commanding General of the Multinational Security Transition Command-Iraq (MNSTC-I) and the NATO Training Mission-Iraq during the Surge of 2007–2008. He is a member of the U.S. Army Ranger Hall of Fame and a distinguished member of the U.S. Army 75th Ranger Regiment.
General Dubik taught Philosophy at West Point and Campaign Theory and Practice at the U.S. Army School of Advanced Military Studies, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. He has completed an MIT fellowship program for national security studies as well as executive programs in national security at Harvard's JFK School of Government and Syracuse University's Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs. He is the author, most recently, of Just War Reconsidered: Strategy, Ethics, and Theory.
Dubik received a bachelor's degree in Philosophy from Gannon University in Erie, Pennsylvania. He received a master's degree in Military Arts and Sciences from the Army Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. Dubik earned a PhD in philosophy from Johns Hopkins University.
Dubik retired from the Army in 2008.
- Waging War and Using Force. Naval Institute Press, forthcoming.
- Just War Reconsidered: Strategy, Ethics, and Theory. Lexington, Kentucky : University Press of Kentucky, 2018. ISBN 0813175011 OCLC 1001533501
- Accelerating Combat Power in Afghanistan. 2009. OCLC 822967215
- Has Warfare Changed?: Sorting Apples from Oranges. Arlington, Va: Institute of Land Warfare, Association of the United States Army, 2002. OCLC 50556506
- The Army's "Twofer": The Dual Role of the Interim Force. Arlington, Va: Institute of Land Warfare, Association of the United States Army, 2001. OCLC 48215274
- With Gordon R. Sullivan. Envisioning Future Warfare 1995. Reissued in 2003. OCLC 53114595
Dubik lives in Arlington, Virginia.
- "James M. Dubik". Hertog Foundation.
- "James M. Dubik". America Magazine.
- "James M. Dubik | C-SPAN.org". www.c-span.org.
- "James Dubik - The Washington Institute for Near East Policy". www.washingtoninstitute.org.
- "LTG. (R) James M. Dubik". Institute for the Study of War.
- "Lt. Gen. James M. Dubik – Foreign Policy".