James Atherton (born James Conway, 1986/1987) is a British actor, known for his roles as Will Savage on Hollyoaks and Jamie Bowman on Coronation Street. In 2017, he appeared in the stage production of Rita, Sue and Bob Too. In 2019, he played Tim Collins in Ackley Bridge and Dr. McKenzie in the Dave sitcom Porters.
On stage, he co-starred as title character Bob in the Out of Joint Theatre Company's revival of Andrea Dunbar's play Rita, Sue and Bob Too, which opened at the Octagon Theatre, Bolton in September 2017 before touring the UK, and later played at the Royal Court Theatre in January 2018. In January 2019, he appeared as Keiran in "Blindspot", an episode of the ITV crime drama Vera. Later that year, he appeared in the third series of Ackley Bridge as Tim Collins.
- Saul, Rosalind. "Self-confessed soap 'bad lad' talks stage sex scenes and making a love-rat look good". The Bolton News. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- "From Carlisle to the cobbles: Meet Corrie's new bad boy". ITV News. 12 October 2015.
- Lindsay, Duncan (6 August 2015). "Hollyoaks star James Atherton lands Coronation Street role". Metro.
- Love, Catherine (14 September 2017). "Rita, Sue and Bob today: Andrea Dunbar's truths still haunt us". The Guardian.
- "Theatre reverses decision to axe play". BBC News. 16 December 2017.
- "Royal Court reverses decision to cancel Rita, Sue and Bob Too". The Guardian. 15 December 2017.
- "Ackley Bridge cast: Who plays new headteacher Sian's fiancé Tim? Who is James Atherton?". topcelebritiesonline.com. 23 July 2019. Retrieved 27 August 2019.