James F. Albaugh (born May 31, 1950) is the former executive vice president of The Boeing Company and chief executive officer of the Boeing Commercial Airplanes business unit. He served in these capacities for Boeing Commercial Airplanes from September 1, 2009 until his retirement on June 26, 2012. He retired from the company on October 1, 2012. He previously served as president and chief executive officer of the Boeing Defense, Space & Security business unit. In that capacity, Albaugh was responsible for over 70,000 employees and supervised a $30.8 billion budget. Albaugh was one of the defense industry's best-paid managers ($1,499,923 in 2005).
Albaugh graduated from Richland High School in Richland, Washington in 1968. He received a bachelor's degree in mathematics and physics from Willamette University (1972) and a master's degree in civil engineering from Columbia University.
In 1975, Albaugh joined Boeing and held various other executive positions. His first assignment at Boeing was at their Richland, Washington operations in 1975.  From July 2002 to September 2009 Albaugh was president and CEO of Boeing Integrated Defense Systems (presently named Boeing Defense, Space & Security), a business unit of The Boeing Company. From September 2009 to October 2012, Albaugh was president and CEO of Boeing Commercial Airplanes, a business unit of The Boeing Company. On Oct 1, 2012, Albaugh retired from Boeing Commercial Airplanes.
Honors and awards
Albaugh is a recipient of the Howard Hughes Memorial Award given "to an aerospace leader whose accomplishments over a long career have contributed significantly to the advancement of aviation or space technology." . He was elected to the National Academy of Engineering in 2011.
- "James Albaugh's salary".
- "James F. Albaugh nndb.com". Retrieved December 24, 2016.
- "James F. Albaugh Biography Harris.com". Retrieved December 24, 2016.
- Wilhelm, Steve. June 26, 2012. "Ray Conner takes over as Boeing Commercial Airplanes CEO bizjournals.com". Retrieved December 24, 2016.
- Aug 31, 2016. "James F. Albaugh Appointed to Harris Corporation Board of Directors; Roger B. Fradin Nominated for Election to Board Harris.com Press Release". Retrieved December 24, 2016.
- James (Jim) F. Albaugh biography at Boeing in PDF format; archived from the original on December 24, 2016.
- James Albaugh biography at Harris Corporation
| President/CEO of Boeing Commercial Airplanes
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to aviation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|