Jama Masjid is a station on the Delhi Metro system. The Heritage Line stretch of the Delhi Metro was flagged off by Union Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on 28-May-2017. The corridor will be operational from 28-May-2017, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) announced on 26-May-2017.
An extension of the Violet Line (ITO-Escort Mujeser), this entirely underground section comprises four stations—Kashmere Gate, Dilli Gate, Jama Masjid and Lal Qila.
The ITO-Kashmere Gate line was thrown open for public on Sunday. With its launch, the Metro makes inroads into old Delhi or the ‘Walled City’ with four stations—Delhi Gate, Jama Masjid, Red Fort and Delhi Gate.
|G||Street level||Exit/ Entrance|
|M||Mezzanine||Fare control, station agent, Ticket/token, shops|
|P||Southbound||Platform 1 → Toward Raja Nahar Singh|
|Island platform, doors will open on the right|
|Northbound||Platform 2 Toward ← Kashmere Gate|
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2017)
Delhi Transport Corporation bus routes number 19B, 26, 118EXT, 120B, 171, 172, 185, 210, 213, 213A, 214, 214CL, 246, 246CL, 258SPL, 261, 347, 348, 402CL, 403, 403CL, 404, 405, 405A, 405STL, 411, 419, 425, 425CL, 429, 429CL, 429LSTL, 429STL2, 449CL, 502, 605, 632, 729, 753, 807A, 838, 838A, 901, 901CL, serves the station from Jama Masjid stop.
|Jama Masjid metro station Entry/exits|
|Gate No-1||Gate No-2||Gate No-3||Gate No-4|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Delhi Metro.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Delhi.|
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (Official site)
- Delhi Metro Annual Reports
- "Station Information". Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC). Archived from the original on 19 June 2010. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- UrbanRail.Net – descriptions of all metro systems in the world, each with a schematic map showing all stations.
- Google. "Jama Masjid metro station" (Map). Google Maps. Google.