This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||11 May 1976|
|Occupation||Film director, actor, screenwriter|
Jalil Lespert (born 11 May 1976) is a French actor, screenwriter and director.
Life and career
Born to an ethnic French (Pied-Noir) father, actor Jean Lespert, and an Algerian mother, who is an attorney and a jurist, Lespert first studied law, to please his mother. But he was more interested in acting.
He married Sonia Rolland, a former Miss France, with whom he has one child named Kahina. He also has two other children, Jena and Aliosha, from a previous relationship.
Lespert made his film debut in 1995, in Laurent Cantet's film Jeux de plage, opposite his father. His first major role came in 1999, in Jacques Maillot's film Nos vies heureuses. The following year, he appeared in another Cantet film, Ressources humaines, which earned him a César Award for Most Promising Actor in 2001.
His career took off and he appeared in several films, playing a wide range of characters, such as a sensual gardener in Sade, a body builder addict in Vivre me tue, a boxer in Virgil, an avant-garde artist in Alain Resnais's Pas sur la bouche, a journalist in Robert Guédiguian's Le Promeneur du Champ de Mars, etc.
He is appearing in a series on French television called Pigalle, la nuit.
Lespert directed his first film in 2007, 24 mesures, featuring Benoît Magimel and Sami Bouajila. His second feature as director, Des vents contraires (2011), featured Magimel alongside Audrey Tautou and Isabelle Carré.
- 1997 - Les Sanguinaires, directed by Laurent Cantet
- 1999 - Human Resources, directed by Laurent Cantet
- 2001 - Inch'Allah Dimanche, directed by Yamina Benguigui
- 2001 - Bella Ciao, directed by Stéphane Giusti
- 2003 - Les Amateurs, directed by Martin Valente
- 2003 - Not on the Lips
- 2004 - L'ennemi naturel, directed by Pierre Erwan Guillaume
- 2005 - The Young Lieutenant, directed by Xavier Beauvois
- 2006 - Le Voyage en Arménie, directed by Robert Guédiguian
- 2008 - Tell No One, directed by Guillaume Canet
- 2008 - Ligne de Front, directed by Jean-Christophe Klotz
- 2014 - De guerre lasse, directed by Olivier Panchot
- 2007 - 24 Bars (24 mesures) - Director and writer
- 2011 - Headwinds (Des vents contraires) - Director and writer
- 2014 - Yves Saint Laurent - Director and writer
- 2016 - Iris - Director and writer
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jalil Lespert.|