|Governor of Haryana|
27 July 2009 – 26 July 2014
|Chief Minister||Bhupinder Singh Hooda|
|Preceded by||A. R. Kidwai|
|Succeeded by||Kaptan Singh Solanki|
|Governor of Bihar|
3 March 1989 – 2 February 1990
|Chief Minister||Satyendra Narayan Sinha|
|Preceded by||R. D. Pradhan|
|Succeeded by||Mohammad Yunus Saleem|
|9th Chief Minister of Rajasthan|
6 June 1980 – 13 July 1981
|Preceded by||President's rule|
|Succeeded by||Shiv Charan Mathur|
|Born||15 January 1932|
Bhusawar, Rajasthan State, British India
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
Jagannath Pahadia (born 15 January 1932) was an Indian politician and a leader of the Indian National Congress party. He was the Governor of Haryana, and Governor of Bihar and former Chief Minister of Rajasthan, his home state.
Early life and education
He was born in bhusawar town of the present-day bharatpur district of Rajasthan state in a Dalit family on 15 January 1932 to Nathilal Pahadia and Chanda Devi. He holds M.A., LL.B, M.S.J. College, Bharatpur, Maharaja College, Jaipur and Law College Rajasthan University.
He was Chief Minister of Rajasthan state from 6 June 1980 to 14 July 1981 and was the first Dalit from Rajasthan to hold this position. He was a junior-level Minister in the government of India for many years. He was a member of the 2nd, 4th, 5th and 7th Lok Sabha. He represented Sawai Madhopur (Lok Sabha constituency) in the 2nd Lok Sabha and Bayana constituency in Rajasthan in the 4th, 5th and 7th Lok Sabha. His wife Shanti Pahadia was also a member of Lok Sabha. He was governor of Bihar from 3 March 1989 to 2 February 1990. Later, he served and was appointed as the governor of Haryana from 27 July 2009 to 26 July 2014.
- Jagannath Pahadia appointed governor of Haryana
- Former Chief Ministers of Rajasthan (photo gallery)
- By ashok Bharty Raj.Patrika
- "Status quo for Dalits: caste shame for Rajasthan". Hindustan Times. 20 November 2013. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- "जगन्नाथ पहाड़िया: राजस्थान के पहले दलित मुख्यमंत्री जो बस 13 महीने सीएम रह सके". LallanTop - News with most viral and Social Sharing Indian content on the web in Hindi (in Hindi). Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- Bohra, Sanjay (24 January 2020). "Rajasthan Congress govt lets Vasundhara Raje keep bungalow but moves to evict its own ex-CM". ThePrint. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- "The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Haryana". www.tribuneindia.com. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- "राजस्थान का रण: 'लोग इस जहर को पीकर मर रहे थे, इसलिए मैंने राजस्थान में शराब पर रोक लगवाई'". Patrika News (in Hindi). Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- "Pahadia to be sworn in as Haryana governor on Monday". Hindustan Times. 26 July 2009. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
A. R. Kidwai
| Governor of Haryana
July 2009 - July 2014
Kaptan Singh Solanki