|Bishop of Crediton|
|Church||Church of England|
|Diocese||Diocese of Exeter|
|In office||27 September 2018 to present|
|Consecration||27 September 2018|
by John Sentamu
|Born||26 September 1960|
David Runcorn (m. 1992)
Jacqueline Ann "Jackie" Searle (born 26 September 1960) is a British Anglican bishop. Since 2018, she has served as the Bishop of Crediton, a suffragan bishop of the Diocese of Exeter. She had previously been the Archdeacon of Gloucester between 2012 and 2018.
Early life and education
Searle was born on 26 September 1960 in Redhill, Surrey, England. She was educated at Talbot Heath School, an all-girls independent school in Bournemouth. She studied at Whitelands College, Roehampton, graduating with a Bachelor of Education (BEd) degree in 1982. She worked as a teacher from 1982 until 1989. She trained for ordained ministry at Trinity College, Bristol, an evangelical Anglican theological college between 1990 and 1992.
She was ordained deacon in 1992, and priest in 1994. Her first ecclesiastical post were curacies in Harrow and Ealing. She was a lecturer in applied theology at Trinity College, Bristol from 1996 to 2003; and then Vicar of St Peter, Littleover from 2003 to 2012. Since 2012, she has served as Archdeacon of Gloucester in the Diocese of Gloucester and as a canon residentiary of Gloucester Cathedral.
In July 2018, it was announced that she would be the next Bishop of Crediton, a suffragan bishop in the Diocese of Exeter. On 27 September 2018, she was consecrated a bishop by John Sentamu, the Archbishop of York, during a service at Southwark Cathedral. She was welcomed into the diocese on 14 October.
- Derby Telegraph
- "Searle, Ven. Jacqueline Ann, (Mrs D. C. Runcorn)". Who's Who 2018. Oxford University Press. 1 December 2017. doi:10.1093/ww/9780199540884.013.U256518.
- "Jacqueline Ann Searle". Crockford's Clerical Directory (online ed.). Church House Publishing. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- Crockfords (London, Church House, 1995) ISBN 0-7151-8088-6
- 'SEARLE, Jacqueline Ann, (Mrs D. C. Runcorn)', Who's Who 2017, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2017; online edn, Oxford University Press, 2016; online edn, Nov 2016 accessed 29 Jan 2017
- "Queen approves nomination to Suffragan See of Crediton". GOV.UK. Prime Minister's Office, 10 Downing Street. 11 July 2018. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- Quick, Alan (27 September 2018). "Jackie Searle to be ordained Bishop of Crediton today". Crediton Country Courier. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "Next Bishop of Crediton announced today". Diocese of Exeter. 11 July 2018. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "Rev'd David Runcorn and Archdeacon Jackie Searle". St Stephen's Church, Ealing. Retrieved 2 November 2018.
|Church of England titles|
| Archdeacon of Gloucester
| Bishop of Crediton
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|