Jack Christopher Stamp Brooksbank
3 May 1986
|Alma mater||University of Bristol|
Princess Eugenie of York (m. 2018)
Early life and family
A half-third cousin twice-removed of Princess Eugenie through Thomas Coke, 2nd Earl of Leicester,[notes 1] Brooksbank's great-grandfather was Sir Jack Coke, a Gentleman Usher to King George VI and Extra Gentleman Usher to Queen Elizabeth II and his great-uncle was the 3rd Baron Hamilton of Dalzell. His parents are Old Etonian George Brooksbank, a company director and chartered accountant, and his wife, Nicola, who reside in London and Bordeaux in France. Jack has a younger brother, Thomas, who is also an Old Etonian.
Education and career
Brooksbank was educated at Stowe School in Buckinghamshire, before studying at the University of Bristol before leaving to work in the bar industry. He was the general manager of Mahiki, a nightclub in Mayfair that was often visited by his wife's cousins Prince William and Prince Harry in their youth. He now works as a brand ambassador for Casamigos tequila.
In 2011, Brooksbank began dating Princess Eugenie of York, the younger daughter of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and Sarah, Duchess of York. On 22 January 2018, the Duke of York's office at Buckingham Palace announced their engagement.
Their wedding took place on 12 October 2018 at St George's Chapel, Windsor. Contrary to press speculation that Brooksbank would be created "Earl of Northallerton", he has not been elevated to the peerage after marrying into the royal family following general precedent for a male commoner not to be awarded one upon marriage to a princess.
- Davies, Gareth (12 October 2018). "Princess Eugenie's royal wedding to Jack Brooksbank: Live updates from the Windsor Castle celebrations". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 12 October 2018.
- Dangremond, Sam (10 October 2018). "6 Things to Know About Jack Brooksbank's Family Ahead of His Wedding to Princess Eugenie". Town and Country. Retrieved 4 December 2018.
- Silverman, Rose (22 January 2018). "Who is Jack Brooksbank, the wine merchant fiancé of Princess Eugenie?". The Telegraph. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- Kidd, C. (1990). "Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage 1990". Debrett's Peerage. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
....Rosemary Olive (Baroness Hamilton of Dalzell), b 1910: m 1935, 3rd Baron Hamilton of Dalzell. Residence – Garden Cottage, Snowdenham House, Bramley, Guildford.— Celia Dorothy, b 1919: m 1942, Stamp Godfrey Brooksbank, Capt ...
- Burgess, K. (22 January 2018). "Princess Eugenie to marry in autumn". The Times. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
He is a descendant of the Brooksbank baronets and his ancestors include Stamp Brooksbank, a governor of the Bank of England in the 18th century, Thomas Coke, second Earl of Leicester, and Sir John (Jack) Spencer Coke, who was gentleman usher to King George VI.
- Black, A and C. "Who was who: A Companion to Who's Who". A. & C. Black, 1961. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
COKE, Major Hon. Sir John (Spencer), K.C.V.O., or. 1953 (C.V.O. 1946); Scots Guards, retired ; Extra Gentleman Usher to the Queen since 1952 (Gentleman Usher in Ordinary, ...
- Kidd, Charles. "Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage". Debrett's Peerage – 1 June 1990. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
B 130 – Brooksbank (1919).... George Edward Hugh, b 1949; ed Eton: m 1985, ... Jack born 1986, Thomas born 1988...
- Tominey, C. "Princess Eugenie's future mother-in-law 'excited' as son weds into monarchy". UK Daily Telegraph – 6 October 2018. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
Tom is an Old Etonian, like their father, George, and is believed to be the best man on the big day....The couple split their time between London and France's Bordeaux wine region where they own a three-bedroom stone farmhouse
- Puente, M. "Princess Eugenie's groom: Who is Jack Brooksbank? And how does he know George Clooney?". USA TODAY – 11 October 2018. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
But unlike Eugenie, who graduated from Newcastle University in 2009 with a degree in art and English literature, Brooksbank left Bristol University and went into the restaurant and bar industry, working first as a bartender.
- "Meet the bride and groom". 11 October 2018. Retrieved 16 October 2018 – via www.bbc.com.
- Canada, HELLO!. "Princess Eugenie's fiancé Jack Brooksbank has a connection to George Clooney". ca.hellomagazine.com. Retrieved 16 October 2018.
- Boyle, Danny; Furness, Hannah (22 January 2018). "Princess Eugenie engaged to Jack Brooksbank: Couple 'float with laughter and love', says Duchess of York in gushing tweets". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- Perry, Simon (1 May 2018). "Princess Eugenie and Her Fiancé Jack Brooksbank Just Moved Next Door to Harry and Meghan!". People. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "Jack Brooksbank Royal Title – Why Princess Eugenie's Fiancé Won't Get a Title". Townandcountrymag.com. 11 October 2018. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- "Why didn't Princess Eugenie's commoner groom get a title?". USA Today. 12 October 2018. Retrieved 26 November 2018.