Jabez Delano Hammond (August 2, 1778 in New Bedford, Bristol County, Massachusetts – August 18, 1855 in Cherry Valley, Otsego County, New York) was an American physician, lawyer, author and politician.
He practiced medicine in Reading, Vermont, but afterward studied law and followed that profession at Cherry Valley.
He was a Democratic-Republican member of the United States Congress from 1815 to 1817, a member of the New York State Senate from 1817 to 1821, and a member of the Council of Appointment in 1818. In 1825, he was appointed one of the commissioners in the settlement of the claims of New York State against the Federal Government.
In April 1825, he was appointed one of three State Road Commissioners, the other two were Nathaniel Pitcher and George Morell. These commissioners had to "explore and cause surveys to be made of a route for a State road from some point on the North River to some point on Lake Erie, through the southern tier of counties."
He was First Judge of the Otsego County Court from 1838 to 1843. He was a regent of the University of the State of New York from 1845 until his death.
- The History of Political Parties in the State of New-York, from the Ratification of the Federal Constitution to 1840 by Jabez D. Hammond (4th ed., Vol. 1, H. & E. Phinney, Cooperstown, 1846)
- Political History of the State of New York from January 1, 1841, to January 1, 1847, Vol III, including the Life of Silas Wright (Hall & Dickson, Syracuse NY, 1848)
- Life and Opinions of Julius Melbourn (1847)
- Life of Silas Wright (1848)
- This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Gilman, D. C.; Peck, H. T.; Colby, F. M., eds. (1905). New International Encyclopedia (1st ed.). New York: Dodd, Mead. Missing or empty
- United States Congress. "Jabez Delano Hammond (id: H000127)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
-  Political Graveyard (name misspelled)
-  Obit in NYT on August 23, 1855
|U.S. House of Representatives|
Isaac Williams, Jr.,
| Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
from New York's 15th congressional district
with James Birdsall
Isaac Williams, Jr.,
John R. Drake