|Genre||Electronic music, art, lifestyle|
|Location(s)||Northern Territory, Australia|
|Years active||2006 - 2009|
The Isotopia Festival (Isotopia Music Festival or Isotopia Eclipse Music Festival) was an annual electronic music, art and lifestyle festival that took place between 2006 and 2009 in Northern Territory, Australia. It featured a program that included environmental speakers, forums, films, local bands, DJs and several workshops.
The inaugural festival occurred from 9 to 12 June 2006, near Darwin. One of the main goals of the festival was to raise awareness against Australian nuclearisation. The name Isotopia came from the fusion of the words Isotope and Utopia.
The 2008 edition of the festival took place at Woolaning Indigenous Community located within Litchfield National Park 160 km south of Darwin and was spread over three days, co-inciding with a partial lunar eclipse. The final edition ran from 3 to 6 July 2009 at the same location.
- topendarts.com (n.d.). "Top End Arts - What's On in Darwin & the Top End: Arts & Entertainment". topendarts.com. Retrieved 20 January 2008.
- soundsunusual.com (n.d.). "Sounds Unusual". soundsunusual.com. Retrieved 20 January 2008.
- "National Screening : BSharp Productions : Blowin' in the Wind: The Untold True Story of a Great Big Lie!". B#Sharp Productions. Archived from the original on 20 August 2006. Retrieved 11 June 2011.
- The Isotopia Crew & The Rum Jungle Patrol (n.d.). "Isotopia - Environmental Film Music & Dance Festival 9-12th June 2006". Isotopia Festival. Retrieved 20 January 2008.
- "Vision for Isotopia Festival 2008". The Isotopia Crew & The Rum Jungle Patrol. 27 June 2007. Archived from the original on 7 March 2009. Retrieved 10 June 2011.
- "Isotopia Eclipse Music Festival". Events. Medical Association for Prevention of War (Australia). 4 June 2009. Archived from the original on 22 November 2009. Retrieved 10 June 2001.
- "Isotopia Eclipse Festival 2009". Top End Arts. Retrieved 13 June 2011.
|This music festival-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Northern Territory, Australia article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|