This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Available in||Arabic, English|
|Owner||Al-Balagh Cultural Society|
|Revenue||A nonprofit organization|
|Launched||24 June 1997|
IslamOnline is a global Islamic website on the Internet providing services to Muslims and non-Muslims in several languages. Its motto is "credibility and distinction".[self-published source?]It was founded by Yusuf al-Qaradawi.
The website consists of forums on various issues, such as Books, new Muslims and entertainment, as well as other interactive venues, such as an "Ask the Scholar" section, where visitors can post questions regarding Islam.[self-published source?] The Arabic and English sections are tailored to appeal to their respective audiences. In just four years (2000–2003), around 306,691 materials have been published, 233,223 of which are in Arabic while 73,486 are in English.
- Gräf, Bettina (January 2008). "IslamOnline.net: Independent, interactive, popular". Arab Media and Society.
- "Alexa on IslamOnline.net". Alexa. 16 February 2010. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- "About Us". IslamOnline.
- "IslamOnline website in crisis as employees in Egypt stage sit-in". Jack Shenker. The Guardian. 16 March 2010. Retrieved 2 April 2020.
- "Home Page". IslamOnline. Archived from the original on 30 December 2018. Retrieved 20 December 2006.
- Habousha, IOL Staff CAIRO, Mostafa (29 December 2004). "IslamOnline.net Gets ISO Certificate". IslamOnline.
- Abdul Hameed Yusuf Badmas (2010). "E-fatwa": A Comparative Analysis of Islamonline and Islam Q & A. Retrieved 22 March 2020.
- Islamic Myths and Memories: Mediators of Globalization. Ashgate. 28 July 2014. p. 175. ISBN 9781472411518. Retrieved 22 March 2020.