Isabel Durant in 2013
|Born||20 December 1991|
Isabel Durant (born 20 December 1991), sometimes credited as Issi Durant, is an Australian actress. She is known for her roles as Grace Whitney in Dance Academy and as Ondina the mermaid in Mako: Island of Secrets.
Life and career
Durant appeared on and was a Top 20 finalist on the third season of So You Think You Can Dance Australia. Following her elimination from So You Think You Can Dance Australia, she went to open auditions for the teen drama series Dance Academy and was cast in the role of troublemaker Grace Whitney for the show's second season, a role she continued playing into the series' third season. She also appeared in three episodes of American-Australian comedy-drama television series Camp which aired on NBC in 2013.
|2007||Razzle Dazzle: A Journey into Dance||Miss Elizabeth's Dance Troupe||Film|
|2010||So You Think You Can Dance Australia||Herself||Contestant (season 3); as Issi Durant|
|2012–2013||Dance Academy||Grace Whitney||Main role (seasons 2–3), 39 episodes;|
credited as Issi Durant during season 2
|2013||Reef Doctors||Emma||Episodes 1.3, 1.12|
|2013||Camp||Deanna||Episodes: "Capture the Flag", "The Mixer", "CIT Overnight"|
|2015–2016||Mako: Island of Secrets||Ondina||Main role|
|2017||This is Us||Kelly||Episode: "Number One"|
|2018||Life Itself||Shari Dickstein||Film|
- Durant, Isabel (20 December 2018). "m u m 🖤 | . . . . . . . thank you for being brave enough to bring me into this world 27 years ago". Retrieved 10 April 2019 – via Instagram.
- Renata Ogayar (July 2013). "Dance Academy' star Isabel Durant". Dance Informa Australia.
- Amy Edwards (8 February 2011). "Dance Academy for local dancer". The Newcastle Herald. Retrieved 14 February 2016.
The second series of Dance Academy, which is due to air next year, will introduce two new characters, including a former Royal Ballet School of London student who stirs trouble, played by So You Think You Can Dance’s Issi Durant.
- Natalie Bochenski (24 April 2014). "Mako: Island of Secrets takes Queensland to the world". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 14 February 2016.
- "Mermaid's Tale Double Take For Heine". The Gold Coast Bulletin. 18 July 2015. p. 2.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Isabel Durant.|