The Irish Times Theatre Awards recognize outstanding achievements in Irish theatre. The awards were founded in 1997 by The Irish Times. It established awards in numerous categories, ranging from design, to acting, to overall production. The goal was to promote adventuresome theatre, both in the Republic and in Northern Ireland, and the awards have become the most prestigious award in its national theatre community. The nominations are announced every January and the awards are presented the following month in a prominent invite-only ceremony. In addition to the awards for specific excellence, the judges also present a special award for leadership in the overall community.
This section needs expansion with: earlier and later awards. You can help by adding to it. (October 2013)
- Louis Lovett, as B and Brian in B For Baby at the Abbey Theatre
- Malcolm Adams, as Tim Hartigan in Slattery's Sago Saga
- Marty Rea, as Hamlet in Hamlet
- Karl Shiels, as Quinn in Penelope
- Olwen Fouéré, as the woman in Sodome, My Love
- Hilary O'Shaughnessy, as the tour guide in Berlin Love Tour
- Eileen Walsh, as Medea in Medea
- Aoife Duffin, as Winnie Butler in Christ Deliver Us!
Best Supporting Actor
- Laurence Kinlan, as Mossy Lannigan in Christ Deliver Us!
- Joe Hanley, as Fluther Good in The Plough and the Stars
- Ronan Leahy, as Tutor/Messenger in Medea
- Conor MacNeill, as Lyokha in Plasticine
Best Supporting Actress
- Andrea Irvine, as Lady Macduff in Macbeth
- Eleanor Methven, as Miss Prism in The Importance of Being Earnest
- Karen Ardiff, as Mrs Cregan and Sheelagh Mann in The Colleen Bawn
- Brid Brennan, as Madge in Philadelphia, Here I Come!
- Selina Cartmell, for Medea, produced by Siren Productions
- Jo Mangan, for Slattery's Sago Saga, produced by Performance Corporation
- Wayne Jordan, for Christ Deliver Us!, produced by the Abbey Theatre
- Rachel O'Riordan, for Over the Bridge, produced by Green Shoot Productions
- Aedin Cosgrvoe, for The Rehearsal, Playing the Dane
- John Comiskey, for Sodome My Love
- Tom Pye, for John Gabriel Borkman
- Bláithin Sheerin, for Phaedra
- Joan Bergin, for John Gabriel Borkman
- Miriam Duffy, for The Birthday of the Infanta
- Paul Keogan, for Plasticine
- Sinéad Wallace, for Happy Days
- Sinéad McKenna, for Medea
- Dennis Clohessy, for Sodome My Love
- Ellen Cranitch, for Phaedra
- Philip Stewart, for The Early Bird
- Pan Pan Theatre, for The Rehearsal, Playing the Dane
- Siren Productions, for Medea
- Anu Productions, for World's End Lane
- Rough Magic Theatre Company, for Phaedra
Best New Play
- What's Left of the Flag, by Jimmy Murphy
- Slaterry's Sago Saga, by Arthur Riordan
- National Anthem, by Colin Bateman
- B for Baby, by Carmel Winters
Best Opera Production
- Opera Ireland, for Roméo et Juliette, by Charles Gounod
- Opera Theatre Company, for The Diary of Anne Frank, by Grigory Frid
- Wexford Festival Opera, for Virginia, by Saverio Mercadante
- Dumbworld/Brian Irvine Ensemble, for Postcards from Dumbworld, by Brian Irvine
Judges Special Award
- Project Brand New
- Theatre Upstairs
- Carysfort Press
- Louise Lowe/Anu Productions
- O'Toole, Lauren (27 February 2011). "The Irish Times Theatre Awards". entertainment.ie. Retrieved 7 April 2011.
- "Irish Times Theatre Awards". Dublin Theatre Online. Retrieved 7 April 2011.
- Abbey Theatre Marketing. "Irish Times Theatre Award nominations announced". Behind the Scenes. Abbey Theatre. Archived from the original on 13 December 2010. Retrieved 7 April 2011.
- "2010 Winners of Irish Times Theatre Awards". The Irish Times. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- "2010 Nominees for Irish Times Theatre Awards". The Irish Times. Retrieved 9 April 2011.