First edition cover
|Series||The Dublin Saga|
|2 March 2006|
|Media type||Print (Hardback & Paperback)|
|Pages||896 pp (first edition, hardback)|
|ISBN||978-1-84413-794-7 (first edition, hardback)|
|Preceded by||Dublin: Foundation|
Ireland: Awakening (2006) (also known in North America as The Rebels of Ireland: The Dublin Saga) is a novel by Edward Rutherfurd first published in 2006 by Century Hutchinson. It concludes the two-part series known as The Dublin Saga.
This sequel to Dublin: Foundation also set in Ireland follows the clans or families of the O'Byrnes, Walshes, MacGowans etc. In addition to the previous novel other families appear on the scene and together they live through the Cromwellian period, the Protestant Ascendancy and the Famine.
- 2006, UK, Century (ISBN 978-1-84413-794-7), pub date 2 March 2006, hardback (First edition)
- 2006, Canada, Doubleday Canada (ISBN 978-0385659062), pub date 2 March 2006, hardback (as The Rebels of Ireland: The Dublin Saga)
- 2007, USA, Ballantine Books (ISBN 978-0345472366), pub date 27 February 2007, paperback (as The Rebels of Ireland: The Dublin Saga)
- 2007, UK, Arrow Books (ISBN 978-0099476559), pub date 1 March 2007, paperback
- Rutherfurd, Edward (2 March 2006). Ireland: Awakening (1st ed.). London: Century Hutchinson. ISBN 978-1-84413-794-7.
- "Ireland: Awakening". FantasticFiction. Retrieved 2008-02-20.
|This article about a historical novel of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.