|Edited by||Dermot Breslin and Katie Bailey|
|ISO 4||Int. J. Manag. Rev.|
The International Journal of Management Reviews is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal, established by Cary Cooper in 1999, and published by Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the British Academy of Management. It is the leading global review journal in organisation and management studies. The current editors are Katie Bailey (King's College London) and Dermot Breslin (University of Sheffield).
The journal is known for publishing literature reviews, which are said to play a key role "in shaping the emergence and development of theory within a field of study. Reviews allow the author to take stock of what scholars have done, and then put forward new conceptualizations and directions for future research...". The journal covers all main fields of management studies: from entrepreneurship and organizational behaviour to strategic management and finance. Each issue contains between five and six articles, which examine the relevant academic scholarship published on a specific aspect of a management sub-discipline.
The journal does not accept purely descriptive literature reviews. The stated mission of the journal is for articles "...to make significant conceptual contributions, offering a strategic platform for new directions in research, and making a difference to how scholars might conceptualise research in their respective fields...".
According to the 2019 Journal Citation Reports, the International Journal of Management Reviews has an impact factor of 8.631, ranking it 5th out of 226 journals in the category "Management" and 5th out of 152 journals in the category "Business". In addition, it was rated as an "A" class journal in the "Business and Management" category of the Excellence in Research for Australia rankings.
- Cary L Cooper (founding editor), University of Manchester, UK; 1999-2001
- Alan Pearson (founding editor), University of Manchester, UK; 1999-2001
- Andrew W Stark, University of Manchester, UK; 2002-2004
- Steve Armstrong, University of Lincoln, UK; 2004-2009
- Adrian Wilkinson, Griffith University, Australia; 2004-2009
- Allan Macpherson, University of Wisconsin - La Crosse, USA; 2010-2012
- Kamel Mellahi, Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Dubai; 2013
- Oswald Jones, University of Liverpool, UK; 2010-2016
- Caroline Gatrell, University of Liverpool, UK; 2014-2020
- British Academy of Management Website Accessed 9 February 2021
- Breslin, Dermot; Gatrell, Caroline; Bailey, Katie (2020). "Developing insights through reviews: Reflecting on the 20th anniversary of the International Journal of Management Reviews". International Journal of Management Reviews. 22 (1): 3–9.
- Gatrell, Caroline; Breslin, Dermot (2017). "Editors' statement". International Journal of Management Reviews. 19 (1): 1–3.
- Australian Research Council website Archived 13 March 2011 at the Wayback Machine Accessed 7 March 2011