This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
আন্তর্জাতিক ইসলামী বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় চট্টগ্রাম
|Motto||Combines Quality with Morality|
|Established||11 February 1995|
|Chancellor||Abdul Hamid, President of Bangladesh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. K M Golam Muhiuddin|
|Students||10,000 (November 2014)|
|Undergraduates||8,838 (November 2014)|
|Postgraduates||1,133 (November 2014)|
|Campus||Urban Rural, IIUC Campus: Kumira, Sitakunda, Chittagong|
City Liaison Office: College road, Chittagong
Female Academic Building: Bahaddarhat, Chittagong
N.B: All campuses are now on Kumira campus.
|Affiliations||University Grants Commission of Bangladesh,UGC|
The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh, IEB
Bangladesh Bar Council
Pharmacy Council of Bangladesh
The International Islamic University Chittagong (IIUC) (Bengali: আন্তর্জাতিক ইসলামী বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় চট্টগ্রাম) is a private university in Bangladesh. It was founded in 1995 under the Private Universities Act of 1992 (Act no. 34 of 1992). Islamic University Chittagong Trust (IUCT) is the founder organization of this university.
Islamic University Chittagong (IUC) was founded in 1995 by Islamic University Chittagong Trust (IUCT), a non-profit organization. In 2000, IUC was upgraded to International Islamic University Chittagong (IIUC).
International Islamic University Chittagong (IIUC) is one of the top graded Government approved private universities in Bangladesh. The credit for the idea of establishing this University goes to Islamic University Chittagong Trust (IUCT), which is the founder organization of the University. This Trust is a non-political and non-profit oriented voluntary organization, registered with the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh under the Societies Act XXI of 1860. This Trust felt the need for a university under private initiative in view of the absence of institutions of higher learning based on Islamic vision of life in the public sector. With this idea having its origin in 1990, the Trust discussed the concept of a private Islamic university with a group of intellectuals, Islamic thinkers, and educationists, from home and abroad. It was these Islamic personalities that came forward to materialize the dream of such an institution by putting their ideas, energies and fulfilling other requirements. In 1992 an anchor organization called Islamic University Chittagong Trust (IUCT) was founded under the aegis of this body and an institution of higher learning under the name of Islamic University Chittagong got the Government’s approval on February 11, 1995 and the University was founded accordingly in the same year. Thus a long cherished dream of the people of Chittagong came into reality. In the year 2000 Islamic University Chittagong (IUC) was upgraded into International Islamic University Chittagong (IIUC), thus it got a scope to extend its services to the Ummah at large.
In 2004 IIUC was recognized as one of the 9 top-graded Private Universities by a Government-appointed High Powered Team led by the UGC Chairman. At present, it is the largest private university with 370 (Full time: 270 & Adjunct: 100) teachers and 14000 students from home and abroad. A good number of full-time teachers and students are studying abroad for pursuing higher studies with IIUC’s scholarship or financial assistance or continuation of services.
The Graduation degrees of CSE, EEE & CCE are accredited by the BAETE. IIUC grants waiver, generous financial assistances and scholarships to the students at different rates depending on the results of their previous examinations and financial condition. IIUC participated in different national and international contests, winning prizes for obtaining prestigious positions. IIUC successfully organized five International Conferences on different important issues relating to education, ethics and Islamization of knowledge. It also arranged the National Computer Programming Contest in collaboration with the Ministry of Science & ICT and Bangladesh Computer Council (BCC) as part of its regular programs.
The campus is in Kumira, Chittagong (facing Dhaka-Chittagong Highway).
Faculty of Science & Engineering
1. Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE):
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering (B.Sc. Engg. in CSE) [IEB Accredited]
- Professional Diploma in Computer Science (DCS).
- Masters of Science in Computer Science and Engineering (M.Sc in CSE)
2. Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE):
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (B.Sc. Engg. in EEE) [IEB Accredited]
3. Department of Computer & Communication Engineering (CCE):
- Bachelor of Science in Computer and Communication Engineering (B.Sc. Engg. in CCE) [IEB Accredited]
4. Department of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering (ETE):
- Bachelor of Science in Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering (B.Sc. in ETE)
5. Department of Civil Engineering (CE):
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (B.Sc. in CE)
6. Department of Pharmacy:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharma.)
Faculty of Business Studies
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) [Regular]
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) [Executive]
- Master of Bank Management (MBM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Faculty of Law
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB Hons.)
- Master of Laws (LLM)
Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- English Language and Literature (ELL): Master of Arts in English Language and Literature, Masters of Arts in English Language Teaching (ELT),
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in English Language and Literature
- Arabic Language and Literature (ALL), Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Arabic Language and Literature
Faculty of Social Science
- Post Graduate Diploma in Library & Information Scienc.(PGDLIS)
- Bachelor of Economics & Banking (EB)
Faculty of Shari'ah & Islamic Studies
Qur'anic Sciences and Islamic Studies (QSIS):
- Master of Arts in Qura'nic Sciences and Islamic Studies (MQSIS)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Qur'anic Sciences and Islamic Studies, Da'wah and Islamic Studies (DIS)
- Master of Arts in Da'wah and Islamic Studies (MDIS)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Da'wah and Islamic Studies
Library and Information Division
There are seven libraries in IIUC, listed here with area information and number of books:
|Sl. No.||Library name||Space (sq ft)|
|1||Central Library, Permanent Campus, Kumira||33,000|
|2||ELL Seminar Library, Chittagong||1,000|
|3||DBA Seminar Library, Chittagong||3,500|
|1||Faculty of Shari’ah||4,972||22,666|
|2||Faculty of Science & Engineering||908||23,909|
|3||Faculty of Administrative Science||827||22,690|
|4||Faculty of Health Science||157||803|
|5||Faculty of Arts & Humanities||750||5,736|
|6||Faculty of Law||560||2,907|
IIUC is graded by a team constituted by the prime minister in 2004 headed by the chairman of UGC for evaluating the standard and quality of existing 57 private universities. IIUC is the first private university which has been accredited by the Board of Accreditation for Engineering and Technical Education (BAETE) for fulfilling all requirements in its CSE, EEE and CCE programs. It is the first private university in Bangladesh accredited by BAETE.
Hostel accommodation is available. The hostels are as follows (separate hostel for foreign students):
Permanent Campus (Kumira):
1. Hazrat Abu Bakr (R.A) Hall
2. Hazrat Umar (R.A) Hall
3. Hazrat Uthman (R.A) Hall
4. Hazrat Ali (R.A) Hall (Under Construction)
1.Prasanti Vaban (Kornel hat)
|Permanent Campus (Kumira)||Male||4|
IIUC offers scholarships in each semester. Full-time teachers are studying abroad for higher degrees with an IIUC scholarship. Current faculty or students are provided with a scholarship for higher study in home or abroad.
IIUC has signed for formal academic collaboration Memoranda of Understanding (MoU). Under these agreements, students of IIUC are able to transfer their credits to several universities and institutions.
- IIUC Debaters Community
- IIUC Law Club
- IIUC EEE Club
- IIUC Computer Club
- IIUC Telecom Club
- IIUC Robotics Club
- IIUC Dawah Club
- IIUC Quranic Science Club
- IIUC Photography Club
- IIUC Sports Club
- IIUC Model UN Club
- IIUC Cultural Club
- Business Club of IIUC
- IIUC Pharma Club
- Rover Scout
- IIUC English Language & Literary Society
- Sandwip Students Affinity
IIUC has organized events such as the National Computer Programming Contest, Inter-university Programming Contest, Intra-university Programming Contest, IT Festival, Job Fair, Dynamic Leadership Training Camp, Poem Recitation Workshop, Annual Cultural festival, Programming Workshop, Open Source Workshop, and hardware and software fairs.
In August 2007 it organized Open Source Campaign-5 which was a step towards open source awareness in Chittagong and in Bangladesh. It ran from August 31 to September 1, 2007. It mainly focused on open source and its features, flexibility and its opportunities in Bangladesh and the whole world.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-12. Retrieved 2017-01-21.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
-  Bangladesh Private University Act (Act No.34), August 9, 1992
- "International Islamic University Chittagong". www.iiuc.ac.bd. Archived from the original on 2016-03-26. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "IIUC History". International Islamic University Chittagong. Archived from the original on 15 August 2015. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
- "Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering". Archived from the original on 2017-06-19. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
-  Archived 2011-07-06 at the Wayback Machine Website of ETE Department, IIUC
-  Archived 2007-07-16 at the Wayback Machine Faculty of Law, IIUC
-  Archived 2007-07-31 at the Wayback Machine Faculty of Arts & Humanities, IIUC
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-07-16. Retrieved 2007-09-09.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
-  Archived 2007-07-31 at the Wayback Machine Faculty of Shariah & Islamic Studies, IIUC
-  Archived 2007-08-20 at the Wayback Machine Libraries of IIUC
-  Archived 2007-07-31 at the Wayback Machine IIUC Website UGC BAETE
- Hostel Facilities for Male and Female Students. "Accommodation". Archived from the original on 2008-03-23. Retrieved 2008-03-17.
-  Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine IIUC Website
-  Archived 2019-05-16 at the Wayback Machine IIUC International Collaboration
- "5th Open Source Camp concluded at IIUC, Chittagong". Archived from the original on 2007-09-11. Retrieved 2007-09-09. IIUC Open Source Camp