|Current: 20th IIFA Awards|
|Awarded for||Excellence in cinematic achievements for indian cinema|
|Presented by||International Indian Film Academy|
|Network||Sony TV |
|Produced by||Wizcraft International|
The International Indian Film Academy Awards (also known as the IIFA Awards) are a set of awards presented annually. It was created by the Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt. Ltd., which is an International Event Management Company. The awards are voted by fans online for the Indian film industry. Instituted in 2000, the ceremony is held in different countries around the world every year with the most recent one being held at Mumbai on 18 September 2019.
The IIFA Utsavam is the South Indian segment of the annual IIFA Awards. The awards were introduced in 2016, around the films released in 2015. The 1st IIFA Utsavam was held on 24 and 25 January 2016 at the Gachibowli Athletic Stadium, Hyderabad, India.
The first awards were presented in 2000 at The Millennium Dome in London, United Kingdom. From then onwards, the awards are held at locations around the world signifying the international success of Bollywood. Since 2000, the event has expanded from a one-night event to a three-day celebration, hosting various events and activities relating to the Indian film industry.
These awards honour films from the previous calendar year. Amitabh Bachchan is the Brand Ambassador of the IIFA since its inception. In its 10th year (2009), five special awards were introduced: Star of the Decade (Male and Female), Movie of the Decade, Music of the Decade, and Director of the Decade.
The following is a listing of all International Indian Film Academy Awards ceremonies since 2000. *For the details of Best Picture winners and Hosts for the IIFA Utsavam ceremonies, please follow the link to the respective ceremonies.
- Best Movie
- Best Director
- Best Actor
- Best Actress
- Best Supporting Actor
- Best Supporting Actress
- Best Performance in a Negative Role
- Best Performance in a Comic Role
- Star Debut of the Year – Male
- Star Debut of the Year – Female
- Best Music Director
- Best Lyricist
- Best Playback Singer Male
- Best Playback Singer Female
- Best Story
- IIFA Lifetime Achievement Award
- Style Icon
- Style Diva
- Most Glamorous Star of the Year
- Best On-Screen Beauty
- Contribution to a Greener Earth
- Face of the Year
- Entertainer of the Year
- Special Award for Global Impact
- Outstanding Contribution to Indian cinema
- Outstanding Achievement in Indian cinema
- Outstanding Achievement by an Indian in International Cinema
- Artists of the Decade
- Best Art Direction (2000–2017)
- Best Action (2000–2017)
- Best Background Score
- Best Cinematography
- Best Choreography
- Best Costume Design (2000–2017)
- Best Dialogue
- Best Editing
- Best Makeup (2000–2017)
- Best Screenplay
- Best Song Recording (2000–2017)
- Best Sound Recording
- Best Sound Re-Recording
- Best Special Effects
Records and facts
- Most awards to a single film
- Most acting awards – male (Best Actor + Best Supporting Actor)
- Most acting awards – female (Best Actress + Best Supporting Actress)
- Most directing awards
- Most music awards (Best Music Director + Best Background Score)
- A. R. Rahman (7+3) = 10
- Most singing awards
- "IIFA Utsavam 2016: Baahubali and Thani Oruvan win maximum number of awards".
- "IIFA AWARDS 2012 Singapore Watch Online". BoloIndia. Archived from the original on 16 January 2013. Retrieved 20 July 2012.
- "Golden Decade Honours to be given at IIFA 2009". Thaindian.com. 24 May 2009. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "IIFA 2016: Hosts Farhan, Shahid poke fun at censor board, award wapsi". The Indian Express. Press Trust of India. 26 June 2016. Retrieved 18 June 2018.
- "WIZCRAFT INTERNATIONAL ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES IIFA FESTIVAL NEW YORK 2017". IIFA. Archived from the original on 6 June 2017. Retrieved 12 June 2017.
- Iyengar, Aarti. "Karan Johar to co-host IIFA 2017 with Saif Ali Khan and we can't contain our excitement!". Retrieved 15 June 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to International Indian Film Academy Awards.|