|Location||Varies – (2018)|
Incheon, South Korea
|Course(s)||Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea – (2018)|
|Format||Match play, team event|
(4 each on 8 teams)
|Prize fund||$1.6 million|
|2018 International Crown|
The UL International Crown is a biennial women's professional team golf tournament on the LPGA Tour, played in July of even-numbered years. Eight national teams of four players each (32 players in total) participate in the match play event.
It debuted in 2014 at Caves Valley Golf Club in Owings Mills, Maryland, a suburb northwest of Baltimore. With selection based on the world rankings of individuals, the eight nations were announced the previous November: Australia, Chinese Taipei, Japan, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, and the United States. Teams were divided into two pools and played round robin fourball for three days. The top five teams (20 players) advanced to the ten singles matches on Sunday, with each nation facing the other four. Spain won all four singles matches to win the title with a total of fifteen points; Sweden split its matches to finish in second with eleven points.
The second edition in 2016 took place at the Merit Club in Gurnee, Illinois, north of Chicago. The top two finishers from 2014, champion Spain and runner-up Sweden, did not qualify for 2016 and were replaced by China and England. The United States won the 2016 International Crown with 13 points, winning three out of four singles matches on Sunday with South Korea finishing second with 12 points.
The third, 2018, edition was played 4–7 Oct at the Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea in Incheon, South Korea. The eight countries participating were South Korea, United States, Japan, England, Australia, Thailand, Sweden, and Chinese Taipei. This field was the same as 2016, with the exception of Sweden replacing China. The team members were finalized on 2 July 2018.
Sponsorship and future sites
UL, an American safety organization historically known as Underwriters Laboratories, was announced as the title sponsor for 2016 and 2018. The 2020 event is scheduled to take place from 27−30 August in England at the Centurion Club north of London.
|Year||Dates||Champion||Points||Runner-up||Points||Venue||Host country||Purse ($)||Winner's|
|2018||4–7 Oct||South Korea||15 (7–2–1)|| United States
|Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea||South Korea||1,600,000||400,000 (team)|
|2016||21–24 Jul||United States||13 (6–3–1)||South Korea||12 (6–4–0)||Merit Club||United States||1,600,000||400,000 (team)|
|2014||24–27 Jul||Spain||15 (7–2–1)||Sweden||11 (5–4–1)||Caves Valley Golf Club||United States||1,600,000||400,000 (team)|
- 2014 LPGA International Crown Participant Countries
- The LPGA International Crown Page
- "Chicago's Merit Club to Host 2016 UL International Crown". LPGA. 24 November 2015.
- "2018 UL International Crown Set for South Korea". The New York Times. Associated Press. 20 July 2016.
- "Republic of Korea and United States Lead Eight Qualifying Teams for the 2018 UL International Crown". LPGA. 4 June 2018.
- "Hosts Republic of Korea and Reigning Champions Team USA are Seeded as Top Two Countries for the 2018 UL International Crown". LPGA. 2 July 2018.
- "UL Named Title Sponsor For 2016 and 2018 UL International Crown; 2018 Event to be Held in the Republic of Korea". LPGA. 20 October 2014.
- "UL International Crown to be played at Centurion Club, England, in 2020". LPGA. Retrieved 4 May 2019.
- 2014 International Crown News Page