|Motto||ज्ञानम् सर्वजनहिताय (Sanskrit)|
Motto in English
|Knowledge is for the well-being of everyone|
Indian Institute of Technology Indore (IIT Indore or IITI), located in Madhya Pradesh, is one of the Institutes of Technology established by the Government of India in 2009. It is one of the eight new Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India under The Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2011 which declares eight new IITs as well as the conversion of Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University to IIT. The Act was passed in the Lok Sabha on 24 March 2011 and by the Rajya Sabha on 30 April 2012.Arjun Singh, the then HRD minister of India laid the foundation stone of IIT Indore on 17 February 2009 in its permanent campus located in Simrol, Indore, Madhya Pradesh. The institution started functioning from 2009-10 in a temporary campus at Institute of Engineering and Technology  of Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya  under mentorship of IIT Bombay.The first batch of IIT Indore graduated in the year 2013, and the institute celebrated its first Convocation Day on 8 June 2013. IIT Indore's permanent campus is at Simrol, which is approximately 25 km from downtown Indore. From January 2016 onwards, the institute is functioning only at the permanent campus at Simrol.
IITs are administered centrally by the IITs' Council, an apex body established by the Government of India. The Minister of Human Resource & Development, Government of India, is the Chairman of the Council. Each Institute has a Board of Governors responsible for its overall administration and control.
The Senate, which comprises the heads, deans and Full Professors of the Institute, is the Apex Academic Body that decides the academic policy of the Institute. It controls and approves the overall curriculum, courses, examinations and results. It appoints committees to look into specific academic matters arising from time to time. The teaching, training and research activities of various departments of the Institute are periodically reviewed to improve facilities and maintain standards. The Director of the Institute is the ex-officio Chairman Senate.
Presently, IIT Indore is located at Simrol, Khandwa Road, its permanent campus.IIT Indore moved from the two rented campuses in October, 2015 to its permanent campus in Simrol which sprawls across 510 acres.
IIT Indore's central library emphasizes the use of Online Information Resources. The library provides its users access to nearly 3800 electronic journals as well as access to databases such as ACM Digital Library, IEEE XPlore Digital Library, Science Direct, MathSciNet, JSTOR, SciFinder, Taylor and Francis, WILEY, Springer etc. The library also provides air-conditioned and Wi-Fi enabled Reading Halls.
IIT Indore follows the same admission procedure as all other IITs.
IIT Indore offers a 4-year Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) programmes in several engineering fields. Admission to these programmes is through the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE), and students are admitted after completing 10+2 schooling.
The postgraduate and graduate programs at IIT Indore includes Ph.D. and M.Tech programs in engineering; Ph.D and M.Sc programs in basic sciences and humanities. IIT Indore offers numerous scholarships for students under different qualification criteria.
|Engineering – India|
As per 2018 release by 'Times Higher Education World University Rankings', the Indian Institute of Technology Indore (IIT Indore) becomes India's second highest ranked university behind IISC, Bangalore– and a global top 400 institution – with its strong scoring for research volume and impact. It overtakes IIT Bombay, which slips from the 351-400 rankings band to the 401-500 band
IIT Indore has three schools with over seventy faculty members. The three schools are:
- School of Basic Sciences: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- School of Engineering: Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy Engineering and Materials Science, Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering (BSBE)
- Schools of Humanities and Social Sciences: English, Economics, Philosophy, Psychology
IIT Indore has world-class research programmes. The institute focuses on cutting-edge interdisciplinary research. Primary research areas in the School of Engineering are Algorithms and Theoretical Computer Science, Semiconductor Devices Physics and Technology, Si/SOI Technology, Thin Film Technology, VLSI/ULSI Circuit and System Design, Bio-medical Signal Processing, Manufacturing Process Selection and Process Parameters Optimization, Micro-machining and Nano-finishing Processes, etc. As of August 2015, IIT Indore leads all the new IITs in terms of total citations as well as h-index. Abstracting and indexing database Scopus has rated IIT Indore as the top among the IITs, followed by seven IITs of Ropar, Patna, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar and Jodhpur.
A core competency of the IIT Indore is the research-driven academic programme, as research forms a core component of the undergraduate and postgraduate teaching. IIT Indore has consciously promulgated the idea of involving undergraduate students in forefront research projects. This led to the initiation of a formal undergraduate research scheme entitled, "Promotion of Research and Innovation for Undergraduate Students (PRIUS)".
Research at IIT Indore has been recognized at the international level, with the active participation in several key international projects and several joint collaborations with research organizations in Japan, South Korea, the Russian Federation, Portugal, France, Germany, USA and many other countries. The institute has been successful in securing 82 externally sponsored research projects worth over Rs. 220 million.
IIT Indore recognizes that encouraging entrepreneurship for technology development, economic and social stability is the need of the hour. The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC) at IIT Indore was started with this vision. IIT Indore students are in the process of having their own start-ups thus applying innovation into practicality for the benefit of all. In the coming years, IIT Indore will develop into a world class center for higher academics and industrial research and innovation.
The institute provides several sophisticated instruments/facilities for researchers such as Nuclear Magnetic resonance spectrometer, CAD Tools for Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Design, Single crystal X-ray diffractometer, Time-correlated single photon counting (TCSPC), Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry Total Internal Reflection Fluorescence Microscopy, Dual ion beam sputtering deposition (DIBSD) system, Spin Coater, Optical Surface Metrology System Profiler,
The Sophisticated Instrumentation Center (SIC) is a national facility hosted at IIT Indore's School of Basic Science. The SIC at IIT Indore is equipped with Single Crystal X-ray Diffraction, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, Mass Spectrometry, Elemental Analysis and Single Molecule Imaging and Spectroscopy all together under one section to provide the very highest quality of data analysis to academics and students in both research and teaching.
Fluxus is the annual cultural festival of IIT Indore, held in February. It consists of several competitions, informal events, workshops and showcases professional performances. It was started in 2011. A two-day workshop was called by Fluxus 2014, focusing on 'eyebotics', a branch of robotics, was held in October 2013. Famous Bollywood singers like Sona Mohapatra, Aditi Singh Sharma, Farhan Akhtar and Sunidhi Chauhan have performed at Fluxus. Sunburn Campus along with DJ Julia and COD3D happened in Fluxus 2015. Miss Diva, which is the gateway to Miss Universe for Central India is a flagship event of Fluxus since 2015. EDM artist Dualist Inquiry as well as the famous Rock band Indus Creed has also performed at Fluxus. Fluxus also savvys social causes.
Fluxus 2016 held in February, 2016 was the biggest of IIT Indore till date because it was held at Permanent Campus Simrol.
The Student Entrepreneurship Support Cell (SESC) at IIT Indore has launched several initiatives to foster an entrepreneurial environment at the Institute, with several students actively involved in Start-Ups. In collaboration with IIM Indore, IIT Indore engages in several entrepreneurial/cultural activities such as the i5Summit.
- Indian Institutes of Technology
- Fluxus (festival)
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology
- Lakshmi Narain College of Technology
- Shri Govindram Seksaria Institute of Technology and Science
- "Arjun Singh lays foundation of IIT in Indore". Retrieved 18 February 2009.
- "How Indore's unique IIT-IIM blend is spurring entrepreneurship".
- "The Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2010" (PDF).
- "LS passes bill to provide IIT status to 8 institutes, BHU". deccanherald.com. 24 March 2011. Retrieved 9 May 2011.
- "Parliament passes IIT bill". ThetimesofIndia.com. 30 April 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- Arjun Singh to lay foundation stone of IIT, Bhubaneswar today - News Oneindia. News.oneindia.in (2009-02-12). Retrieved on 2013-10-09.
- "Home". www.ietdavv.edu.in. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya , Indore". www.dauniv.ac.in. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- CONVOCATION 2013. Iiti.ac.in. Retrieved on 2013-10-09.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "IIT Indore: Ranks for the first time in World University Ranking". CollegeSearch.in.
- "IIT Indore | Schools". iiti.ac.in. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "Research - Research Area". iiti.ac.in.
- "IIT-Indore tops in quality research among new IITs". Free Press Journal. 10 November 2014. Archived from the original on 11 April 2015. Retrieved 5 February 2019.
- "Indian Institute of Technology, Indore". www.iiti.ac.in. Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- "Sophisticated Instrumentation Center". Retrieved 15 December 2012.
- "Research - Research Facilities". iiti.ac.in.
- "EURISTICA - IIT Indore's Coding Festival".
- "Fluxus - Annual Techno-Cultural Festival of IIT Indore". Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- "Workshop on Robotics at IIT Indore - The Times of India". The Times Of India.