|In the Palace of the King|
|Directed by||Emmett J. Flynn|
|Produced by||Goldwyn Pictures|
|Written by||June Mathis (adaptation)|
In the Palace of the King|
by F. Marion Crawford
|Distributed by||Goldwyn Pictures|
|October 28, 1923|
In the Palace of the King is a 1923 American silent historical romantic drama film based on the novel of the same name by F. Marion Crawford. Directed by Emmett J. Flynn, the film stars Blanche Sweet, Pauline Starke, and Edmund Lowe.
A previous silent version had been made and released in 1915 by the Essanay company and starred Richard Travers and Nell Craig. Prior to the films, the novel was adapted into a Broadway in 1900 starring Viola Allen and her father C. Leslie Allen.
- Blanche Sweet - Dolores Mendoza
- Edmund Lowe - Don John
- Hobart Bosworth - Mendoza
- Pauline Starke - Inez Mendoza
- Sam De Grasse - King Philip II
- William V. Mong - Perez
- Aileen Pringle - Princess Eboli
- Lucien Littlefield - Adonis
- Charles Clary - Gomez
- Harvey Clarke - Alphonso
- Tom Bates - Eudaldo
- H.N. Clugston - Chamberlain
- Charles Gorham - Guard
- Jack Pitcairn - Captain of the Guard
- David Kirby - Guard
- Cammilla Johnson - Little Girl
- Seessel Anne Johnson - Little Girl
- White Munden, Kenneth (1997). The American Film Institute Catalog of Motion Pictures Produced in the United States: Feature Films, 1921-1930. University of California Press. p. 379. ISBN 0-520-20969-9.
- "In the Palace of the King (1915)". silentera.com. Retrieved May 20, 2013.
- Bordman, Gerald; Hischak, Thomas S. (2004). The Oxford Companion to American Theatre (3 ed.). Oxford University Press. p. 332. ISBN 0-195-16986-7.
- In the Palace of the King on IMDb
- In the Palace of the King at AllMovie
- In the Palace of the King at the silentera database
|This article related to historical films is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1920s romantic drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|