|Illinois's 13th congressional district|
Illinois's 13th congressional district – since January 3, 2013.
|Area||5,794 sq mi (15,010 km2)|
|Population (2011 est.)||712,716|
The congressional district covers parts of Bond, Champaign, Madison, McLean and Sangamon counties, and all of Christian, Calhoun, De Witt, Greene, Jersey, Macon, Macoupin, Montgomery and Piatt counties, as of the 2011 redistricting which followed the 2010 census. All or parts of Bloomington, Carlinville, Champaign, Decatur, Godfrey, Taylorville and Urbana are included. The representatives for these districts were elected in the 2012 primary and general elections, and the boundaries became effective on January 5, 2013.
The Republican and Democratic primaries took place on March 18, 2014. In the Republican primary, incumbent Rodney L. Davis defeated fellow Republicans Erika Harold and Michael Firsching. In the Democratic primary, Ann Callis defeated George Gollin and David Green. Bill Byrnes had previously withdrawn from the Democratic primary. Josh Dill ran in the district as an Independent.
|Election results from presidential races|
|2016||President||Trump 50 – 44%|
|2012||President||Romney 49 – 49%|
|2008||President||Obama 54 – 45%|
|2004||President||Bush 55 – 45%|
|2000||President||Bush 55 – 42%|
List of members representing the district
- "Partisan Voting Index – Districts of the 115th Congress" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. April 7, 2017. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- Barone, Michael; McCutcheon, Chuck (2013). The Almanac of American Politics 2014. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. pp. 583–585. ISBN 978-0-226-10544-4. Copyright National Journal.
- Illinois Congressional District 13, Illinois Board of Elections
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1989). The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1982). The Historical Atlas of United States Congressional Districts. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Congressional Biographical Directory of the United States 1774–present
- U.S. Census Bureau – 13th District Fact Sheet
- Ann Callis 2014 Democratic candidate – Campaign Site
- David Green 2014 Democratic candidate – Campaign Site
- Rodney Davis Incumbent Republican – Campaign Site
- "United States House of Representatives elections in Illinois, 2014". Ballotpedia.