Ijeoma Grace Agu
Ijeoma Grace Agu
|Education||Nnamdi Azikiwe University|
Ijeoma Grace Agu is a Nigerian actress. She received a best supporting actress nomination at the 12th Africa Movie Academy Awards. She also won most promising actress at the 2014 Best of Nollywood Awards. In 2007, she made her first screen appearance in Eldorado TV series. She was also part of the cultural group at 2012 London Olympic Games.
Agu is the first of her parent's five children. According to a report in Pulse Nigeria, she was raised in Benin City and Lagos State. She had her first degree in Biochemistry from Nnamdi Azikiwe University in 2007. She is married with a daughter. She describes her dad as being responsible for instilling the confidence of acting into her. According to Agu, her acting career started on stage in Benin at the age of 14. Speaking to The Nation (Nigeria) on homosexuality in Nollywood, Agu describes the act as a sin on religious grounds and didn't think its outlaw was an infringement of human rights. However, she commented that they shouldn't be criminalized as its being done in Nigeria and she would gladly accept the role of a lesbian in a film. She also asserts that she does not support anything that will result in the loss of lives of Nigerians, when asked about the agitation for Biafra and imprisonment of Nnamdi Kanu.
- The Arrangement
- Beyond Blood
- One Room
- The Choice of Aina
- Flower Girl
- From Within
- Just Not Married
- Kpians: The Feast of Souls (2014)
- Taxi Driver
- Love In A Time of Kekes
- Women Are Scum
- Package deal
- "I CAN ACT NUDE–IJEOMA GRACE AGU". thenationonlineng.net. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "Nollywood Actress Ijeoma Grace Agu gets Risqué in New Photos". bellanaija.com. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "10 things you should know about "Taxi Driver: Oko Ashewo" actress". pulse.ng. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "Ijeoma Grace Agu Speaks On Acting Career". topcelebritiesng.com. Retrieved 26 July 2016.