|Headquarters, State Area Command|
Idaho Army National Guard
Seal of the Army National Guard
|Branch||Army National Guard|
|Type||ARNG Headquarters Command|
|Part of||Idaho National Guard|
The Idaho Army National Guard is a component of the United States Army and the United States National Guard. Nationwide, the Army National Guard comprises approximately one half of the US Army's available combat forces and approximately one third of its support organization. National coordination of various state National Guard units are maintained through the National Guard Bureau.
Idaho Army National Guard units are trained and equipped as part of the United States Army. The same ranks (both enlisted and officer) and insignia are used and National Guardsmen are eligible to receive all United States military awards. The Idaho Guard also bestows a number of state awards for local services rendered in or to the state of Idaho.
Formerly attached to the Idaho National Guard NGB regulations 10-4 and United States code chapter 32 section 109 was the Idaho State Guard which was created to replace the Idaho National Guard when they were in federal service and not available for the protection of the state.
- 116th Cavalry Brigade Combat Team, Gowen Field, Boise, Idaho
- 1st Battalion (Combined Arms), 163d Cavalry Regiment (Montana)
- 2d Battalion (Combined Arms), 116th Cavalry Regiment 
- 3d Battalion (Combined Arms), 116th Cavalry Regiment (Oregon)
- 1st Squadron (Armored Reconnaissance), 221st Cavalry Regiment (Nevada)
- 1st Battalion, 148th Field Artillery Regiment
- 116th Brigade Engineer Battalion
- 145th Brigade Support Battalion
- 1st Battalion (Attack Helicopter), 183d Aviation Regiment (Boeing AH-64 Apache and Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk)
- Detachment 32, Joint Operational Support Airlift Center (C-12)
- Detachment 2, Company C, 1st Battalion (General Support), 168th Aviation Regiment
- 204th Regiment (Regional Training Institute (RTI)
- 25th Army Band
In popular culture
The "Divided We Fall" trilogy by Trent Reedy is written about a member of the Idaho Army National Guard during a Second American Civil War.
The book "Against All Enemies" by Harold Coyle centers around the Idaho National Guard.
- "Units". Idaho Army National Guard. 30 October 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Idaho Army National Guard.|