|Presented by||Holly Willoughby|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||105 (as of 2 January 2018) (list of episodes)|
|Running time||60–90 minutes|
|Original release||24 December 2005 –|
ITV Specials are a selection of programmes which focus on some of the biggest stars in music, dance and magic.
Since 24 December 2005, stars including Cheryl, Michael Flatley, the Spice Girls and Duran Duran have featured in these special programmes. They are presented by various presenters including Phillip Schofield, Christine Lampard, Paul O'Grady, Ben Shephard, Reggie Yates, Alan Titchmarsh, Fearne Cotton, Steve Jones, Holly Willoughby, Stephen Mulhern, Zoë Ball and Emma Willis.
There are six main "types" or "series" of music specials aired on ITV. The basic format remains the same for most shows. Occasionally, the star/s of the show may also present their special (such as Michael Bublé on all occasions). The first special aired was Best Ever Christmas Films on 24 December 2005, hosted by Phillip Schofield.
- One Night Only – since 20 December 2008, fifth episode aired in March 2011. The first "series" of the franchise and was hosted by Myleene Klass in 2008, followed by Ben Shephard, Fearne Cotton in 2010 and most recently, Christine Lampard in 2011. Stars featured include Tom Jones, Rod Stewart and Bon Jovi.
- For the Last Time – since 25 September 2010, second episode aired in December 2011. Both episodes have been hosted by Christine Lampard.
- This is... – since 4 December 2010, fourth episode in April 2012. Third episode was hosted by Reggie Yates, starring Justin Bieber, and the fourth was hosted by Christine Lampard, starring Lionel Richie.
- The Nation's Favourite – a documentary series, celebrating music by a particular artist, group or theme. Viewers are able to vote for their favourite song in the category. Aired since 5 December 2010, it has been narrated by Kate Thornton, Amanda Holden, Fearne Cotton, Liza Tarbuck, Rufus Hound and more recently Zoë Ball in 2013.
- A Night with... – two episodes aired in 2011. Featured artists were Will Young and Beyoncé, respectively. Hosted by Kate Thornton and later Steve Jones.
- The One and Only – two episodes, first starring Des O'Connor in April 2012, second starring Cilla Black and hosted by Paul O'Grady in October 2013.
Other specials have included Michael Flatley: A Night to Remember and Darcy Oake: Edge of Reality, both presented by Christine Lampard in 2014.
There have been "...Story" specials such as The Talent Show Story (narrated by Victoria Wood) and Come on Down! The Game Show Story (presented and narrated by Bradley Walsh). Stephen Mulhern has presented/narrated a few specials including The Magic Show Story and The Saturday Night Story, both of which aired in 2015.
- "Simon Cowell's number one is Gareth Gates". The Sun. News UK. 5 January 2016. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- Rees, Jasper (8 August 2014). "Why the game show is the TV format with staying power". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "Ball and Boe Back Together".
- "Sheridan Smith to get her own one-off TV special". 20 September 2017.
- "Sheridan Smith to star in her own tv special, exclusively for ITV".
- "The Real Full Monty Episode 1".
- "Al Murray's 'Make Christmas Great Again' commissioned by ITV".
- "Jonathan Ross is to Host a Brand New Series at Dock10 Studios". dock10.