|Delhi Metro station|
|Owned by||Delhi Metro|
|Operated by||Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)|
|Platforms||Platform-1 →Botanical Garden|
Platform-2 →Janakpuri West
|Structure type||Underground, Double-track|
|Opened||May 29, 2018|
|Electrified||25 kV 50 Hz AC through overhead catenary|
Indian Institute of Technology-Delhi (IIT-D) has approached the authorities to remove the mention of IIT or the coaching institute FIITJEE from the name of the Metro station near its campus, saying it could mislead students into thinking they have a tie-up. FIITJEE has become the sponsor of the soon-to-be opened Metro station opposite IIT-D. Signage installed at the station has named it FIITJEE IIT, coupling the two names.
IIT Delhi has approached the high court opposing the naming rights of a metro station near the institute being acquired by a coaching institute. High Court decided in favor of IIT and ordered to remove FIITJEE branding from the IIT Metro Station. The new signage displays only the institute's name along with that of Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
On this the director of IIT Delhi quoted to media "We never wanted the IIT's name to be associated with any coaching institute holding commercial interests. We are happy the issue has been settled, BIS is a good brand to be associated with as it aligns with the image of our institute. Both (IITD and BIS) set standards in their own domains", said Rao. The BIS is the national standards body of India working under the aegis of ministry of consumer affairs, food & public distribution."
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2018)
|M||Mezzanine||Fare control, station agent, Ticket/token, shops|
|P||Eastbound||Platform 1 → Toward Botanical Garden|
|Island platform, doors will open on the right|
|Westbound||Platform 2 Toward ← Janakpuri West|
IIT Delhi metro track layout
Station with two tracks and one Island platforms
|IIT Delhi metro station Entry/exits|
|Gate No-1||Gate No-2|
- "IIT-Delhi does not want metro station near its campus to be named FIITJEE-IIT". Hindustan Times. 27 May 2018. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "IIT moves HC on metro station naming". The Times of India. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "'FIITJEE at Metro station tarnishing image': Delhi IIT moves HC". The Indian Express. 28 May 2018. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "IIT wins battle against FIITJEE, signage removed from metro station". Economic Times. 3 December 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 25 October 2018. Retrieved 23 December 2018.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 14 August 2016. Retrieved 23 December 2018.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Delhi Metro.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Delhi.|
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. – Official site
- Delhi Metro Annual Reports
- "Station Information". Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC). Archived from the original on 19 June 2010.
- Google. "IIT Delhi metro station" (Map). Google Maps. Google.