This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
IBM WebSphere logo
IBM WebSphere refers to a brand of proprietary computer software products in the genre of enterprise software known as "application and integration middleware". These software products are used by end-users to create and integrate applications with other applications. IBM WebSphere has been available to the general market since 1998.
IBM introduced the first product in this brand, IBM WebSphere Performance Pack, in June 1998. As of 2012[update] this original component forms a part of IBM WebSphere2 Application Server Network Deployment, which itself is one of many WebSphere-branded enterprise software products.
IBM WebSphere Software
The following complete list of IBM WebSphere software uses IBM classifications. Several tools appear in more than one category.
IBM has also classified WebSphere software according to the capabilities offered for individual industries.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server - a web application server
- IBM Workload Deployer - a hardware appliance that provides access to IBM middleware virtual images and patterns
- IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale - an in-memory data grid for use in high-performance computing
- IBM HTTP Server
- IBM WebSphere Adapters
- IBM Websphere Business Events
- IBM Websphere Edge Components
- IBM Websphere Host On-Demand (HOD) Host On-Demand Web-based TN3270, TN5250 and VT420 Terminal Emulation.
- IBM WebSphere Message Broker
- IBM WebSphere Multichannel Bank Transformation Toolkit
- IBM MQ (previously known as IBM MQSeries and IBM WebSphere MQ)
- IBM WebSphere Portlet Factory
- IBM WebSphere Process Server
Divested (Sold) Products
- WebSphere Commerce to HCL Technologies in July 2019
- WebSphere Portal to HCL Technologies in July 2019
Notes and references
- Budinsky, F.; G. DeCandio; R. Earle; T. Francis; J. Jones; J. Li; M. Nally; C. Nelin; V. Popescu; S. Rich; A. Ryman; T. Wilson (2004). "WebSphere Studio overview". IBM Systems Journal. 43 (2): 384–419. doi:10.1147/sj.432.0384. ISSN 0018-8670.