Map of the Old Oak Common development proposals, showing the future site of Hythe Road station
|Local authority||London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham|
|Managed by||London Overground|
|Number of platforms||3|
|London transport portal|
Hythe Road railway station is a proposed railway station in West London, UK. If constructed, it will be situated on the West London Line, between Shepherd's Bush and Willesden Junction, as part of the London Overground commuter rail system. It will be located next to the planned Old Oak Common railway station and will offer interchange between London Overground and other rail services, including Crossrail (the Elizabeth Line) and High Speed 2. It is one of two proposed new stations which will connect with Old Oak Common, the other being Old Oak Common Lane on the North London line.
subject to funding being secured and further public consultation, we would seek permission to build and operate the proposals via a Transport and Works Act Order (TWAO). Funding remains a significant constraint in delivering these proposals. We are currently seeking to establish a package of funding that could enable the stations to be delivered by 2026 alongside the new HS2 and Elizabeth line station.— Transport for London, December 2018
Hythe Road railway station would be situated about 700 metres (770 yards) from the mainline Old Oak Common station. Construction work would involve re-aligning the track along a new railway embankment (built slightly to the north of the existing line) and demolishing industrial units along Salter Street, on land currently owned by a vehicle sales company ('Car Giant'). The station structure will sit on a viaduct, with a bus interchange underneath. The station will incorporate 3 platforms, allowing through services between Stratford and Clapham Junction with an additional bay platform to accommodate terminating services from Clapham Junction.
In October 2017, Transport for London began a public consultation on the construction of two new Overground stations, Hythe Road on the West London line and Old Oak Common Lane on the North London line.
|Preceding station||London Overground||Following station|
towards Clapham Junction
|West London Line|
- "TfL seeks views on two new Old Oak stations". www.railtechnologymagazine.com. 17 October 2017. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "Potential London Overground Stations at Old Oak Response to issues raised report December 2018" (PDF). Retrieved 8 July 2019.
- "Have your say on two potential new London Overground stations at Old Oak". TfL Consultation Hub. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- "Technical summary of the preferred option for Hythe Road station" (PDF). Transport for London. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- "First glimpse of how two new London Overground stations could look". Evening Standard. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
|This London railway station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|