|Hum Tum Shabana|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Sagar Ballary|
|Produced by||Sunil Chainani|
Sameer chand Srivastava
|Screenplay by||Farhajaan Sheikh|
|Story by||Farhajaan Sheikh|
|Edited by||Suresh Pai|
|Distributed by||Horseshoe Pictures Pvt. Ltd|
Alliance Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
Hum Tum Shabana is a comedy movie revolving around three characters, played by Tusshar Kapoor, Shreyas Talpade, and Minissha Lamba. The two men compete to woo the woman, but then it turns into a desperate battle to lose her. Despite gaining negative reviews the film did good business and was declared an above average grosser.
- Tusshar Kapoor as Rishi Malhotra
- Shreyas Talpade as Karthik Iyer
- Minissha Lamba as Shabana Raza
- Sanjay Mishra as Munna Military (Manoj Tyage)
- Mantra as Nandu
- Satish Kaushik as Chacha Panju
- Pia Trivedi as Rhea Dixit
- Rahul Singh as Ravi Aggarwal
- Rajesh Khattar as Vikram Malhotra
- Pooja Batra as Puja (Cameo Appearance)
- Surveen Chawla as Shabana (Cameo Appearance)
- Madhur Bhandarkar as himself (Cameo Appearance)
- Karmveer Choudhary as Gangster
- Vaarssh Bhatnagar as Bittu
The music of the film is composed by Music Director duo Sachin-Jigar.
|Hum Tum Shabana|
|Soundtrack album by |
- Musik Bandh Na Karo - Abhishek Nailwal, Palash Sen, Anushka Manchanda
- Hey Na Na Shabana - Raghav Mathur
- Thank U Mr DJ - Mika Singh, Suzanna D'Mello
- Piya Kesariyo - Anushka Manchanda, Jigar Saraiya
- Kaari Kaari - Vijay Prakash, Shalini Singh, Tochi Raina - Lyrics: Mayur Puri
- Hey Na Na Shabana (Party Map Remix) Remix - DJ Akhil Talreja
- Musik Bandh Na Karo (Remix) Remix - Kiran Kamath
Hum Tum Shabana received negative reviews all throughout. Preeti Arora of rediff.com said, "... an unashamed attempt to ape the Golmaal series, Hum Tum Shabana is a rudderless ship which simultaneously endeavors to straddle many genres. And fails miserably," and gave it half a star out of 5 stars. The Indian Express rated it half a star as well. Popular film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh, who gave it 1.5 out of 5 stars, said that it has a funny first half but a disappointing second hour. Nupur Barua of fullhyd.com lamented the fact that Sagar Ballary, the director, "seems to prefer the Golmaal and Dhamaal styles, rather than that of his first film [Bheja Fry]." fullhyd.com rated the movie 4/10. Times Of India's Nikhat Kazmi wasn't positive about the film either, and rated it 2/5.
- Hum Tum Shabana Archived 29 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine Bollywood Hungama.
- Shubhra Gupta (30 September 2011). "Hum Tum Shabana Review". Indian Express.
- Nupur Barua (30 September 2011). "Hum Tum Shabana Review". fullhyd.com.
- Nikhat Kazmi (30 September 2011). "Hum Tum Shabana Review". The Times Of India.