|Mayor of Chiayi City|
|Assumed office |
25 December 2018
|Preceded by||Twu Shiing-jer|
20 December 2005 – 25 December 2014
|Preceded by||Chen Li-chen|
|Succeeded by||Twu Shiing-jer|
|Chairperson of the Kuomintang|
16 January 2016 – 30 March 2016
|Preceded by||Eric Chu|
|Succeeded by||Hung Hsiu-chu|
|Vice Chairperson of Kuomintang|
22 November 2008 – 16 January 2016
Serving with Hau Lung-pin
|Member of the Legislative Yuan|
1 February 1999 – 20 December 2005
|Succeeded by||Chiang Yi-hsiung|
|Born||20 January 1959|
Dongshi, Chiayi County, Taiwan
|Nationality||Republic of China|
|Alma mater||National Taiwan Normal University|
National Chiayi University
Huang Min-hui (Chinese: 黃敏惠; pinyin: Huáng Mǐnhuì; born 20 January 1959) is a Taiwanese politician. She was a member of the Legislative Yuan from 1999 to 2005. Her tenure as vice chairperson of the Kuomintang (2008–16) overlapped with two terms as Mayor of Chiayi City (2005–14).
Chiayi City Mayorship
2005 Chiayi City mayor election
Huang was elected as the Mayor of Chiayi City on 3 December 2005 and took office on 20 December 2005.
|2005 Chiayi City Mayoralty Election Result|
2009 Chiayi City mayor election
She was elected to her second mayoral term on 5 December 2009 and took office on 20 December 2009.
|2009 Chiayi City Mayoralty Election Result|
|2||Lin Sheng-fen (林聖芬)||Independent||2,801||2.09%|
2018 Chiayi City mayor election
Huang announced her candidacy for the Chiayi mayoral primary in January 2018.
|2018 Kuomintang Chiayi City mayoral primary results|
|Huang Min-hui||Nominated||Results not released|
|Jack Lee||2nd||Results not released|
|2018 Chiayi City mayoral results|
|3||Huang Hung Chen Taiwan Ah Chen World Great Person Rich President (黃宏成台灣阿成
|4||Twu Shiing-jer||Democratic Progressive Party||56,256||39.56%|
Huang Min-hui was appointed acting chairperson of the KMT on 18 January 2016 after Eric Chu resigned to accept responsibility for the KMT's poor results in the 2016 presidential and legislative election. On 27 January 2016 Huang declared her candidacy for the KMT chairperson by-election. She submitted a petition of 67,926 signatures to the party on 22 February, to officially register as a candidate. The party confirmed 37,780 of those signatures on 26 February, validating her candidacy. Huang won 46,341 votes, finishing second in the election held on March 26.
2016 KMT chairmanship election
|2016 Kuomintang chairmanship election|
- "Deputy Mayor-Chiayi City Government". Chiayi.gov.tw. 2012-12-04. Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "Who's Who in the ROC" (PDF). p. 92. Retrieved 27 March 2016.
- Shih, Hsiu-chuan (4 December 2005). "KMT makes history in Chiayi City". Taipei Times. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
- "Almost the status quo" (PDF). Taipei Times. 6 December 2009. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
- Hsu, Stacy (28 January 2018). "Chiayi mayoral race heats up as Huang joins primary". Taipei Times. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "Eric Chu appoints Huang Min-hui as interim KMT chair". Taipei Times. 19 January 2016. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- "KMT acting chairperson to bid for party leadership (update)". Focus Taiwan. Central News Agency. 27 January 2016. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- "Four register for KMT chairman race". Taipei Times. 23 February 2016. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- Hsieh, Chia-chen; Low, Y.F. (26 February 2016). "Four qualified to run for KMT chairmanship". Central News Agency. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- Hsiao, Alison (27 March 2016). "Hung elected KMT's first chairwoman". Taipei Times. Retrieved 27 March 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Huang Min-hui.|
|Party political offices|
| Chairperson of the Kuomintang
16 January 2016 – 26 March 2016
|This article about a mayor in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|