This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Other short titles|
|Long title||An Act to establish a program of community development block grants, to amend and extend laws relating to housing and urban development, and for other purposes.|
|Nicknames||Community Development Assistance Act of 1974|
|Enacted by||the 93rd United States Congress|
|Effective||August 22, 1974|
|Statutes at Large||88 Stat. 633-2|
|Acts amended||Housing Act of 1937|
Civil Rights Act of 1968
|Titles amended||42 U.S.C.: Public Health and Social Welfare|
|U.S.C. sections created||42 U.S.C. ch. 69 § 5301|
The Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, (12 U.S.C. 1706e), is a United States federal law that, among other provisions, amended the Housing Act of 1937 to create Section 8 housing, authorizes "Entitlement Communities Grants" to be awarded by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, and created the National Institute of Building Sciences. Under Section 810 of the Act the first federal Urban Homesteading program was created.
- 88 Stat. 662
- "National Institute of Building Sciences". Archived from the original on 2012-08-06. Retrieved 2011-02-25.
- Ford, Gerald R. (August 22, 1974). "Remarks on Signing the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 - August 22, 1974". Internet Archive. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Service. pp. 42–43.
- Ford, Gerald R. (August 22, 1974). "Statement on the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 - August 22, 1974". Internet Archive. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Service. pp. 43–45.
- Entitlement Communities Grants information, from hud.gov
- 24 C.F.R. PART 590—URBAN HOMESTEADING
- "Housing: Improvements Needed in the Mobile Home Park Mortgage Insurance Program" (PDF). U.S. GAO ~ RED-75-383. U.S. Government Accountability Office. July 2, 1975. OCLC 3035483.
- "Computation of Claim of Government-Insured Lender When Value of Collateral Cannot Be Determined as Required by Regulation" (PDF). U.S. GAO ~ B-183516. U.S. Government Accountability Office. August 12, 1975.
- "Lender's Claim on Government-Insured Mobile Home Loan in Default" (PDF). U.S. GAO ~ B-184016. U.S. Government Accountability Office. September 16, 1975.
|This United States federal legislation article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|