|Hotel de Love|
|Directed by||Craig Rosenberg|
|Produced by||Peter Heller|
|Screenplay by||Craig Rosenberg|
|Music by||Brett Rosenberg|
|Cinematography||Stephen F. Windon|
|Edited by||Bill Murphy|
Village Roadshow Pictures
|Distributed by||Live Entertainment|
|12 September 1996 (T.I.F.F.)|
19 December 1996 (Australia)
|Box office||$111,106 (USA) |
AU $943,903 (Australia)
Hotel de Love is a 1996 Australian film written and directed by Craig Rosenberg. It was released theatrically in the United States, Great Britain, Australia and select countries throughout Europe.
Fraternal twin brothers meet a childhood crush at a rundown hotel and rediscover their love as they renew their competition for her affection.
|Aden Young||Rick Dunne|
|Saffron Burrows||Melissa Morrison|
|Simon Bossell||Stephen Dunne|
|Pippa Grandison||Allison Leigh|
|Ray Barrett||Jack Dunne|
|Julia Blake||Edith Dunne|
|Peter O'Brien||Norman Carey|
The film was the directorial debut of Craig Rosenberg, an Australian writer who had been making a living writing screenplays in Los Angeles. David Parker was producer. Rosenberg:
Working with David Parker was an absolute joy. He's so experienced; he has written, produced and shot feature movies. To have him as producer on my first feature was a remarkable luxury for me because, if I had a writing problem, I could throw it to him and say, `What do you think about this? Read this page for me'. If I had some shooting problem I would say, `What do you think about this?' as well as having him do his normal production responsibilities. So he was a real godsend. He was a dream and he's a lovely person and I think we've formed a long friendship out of the experience.
|Hotel de Love|
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||28 January 1997|
1. Get Down Tonight - KC and the Sunshine Band
2. Sooner or Later - The Grass Roots
3. I'm Not in Love - 10cc
4. In a Minor Key - Tim Finn
5. Reminiscing - Little River Band
6. Blue Moon Revisited (Song for Elvis) - Cowboy Junkies
7. Sway - Hotel de Love Band
8. Lost in Love - Air Supply
9. In Love With It All - Tim Finn
10. I Honestly Love You - Olivia Newton-John
11. I Hope I Never - Split Enz
12. Love Will Keep Us Together - The Brett Rosenberg Problem
The film received mixed reviews.
|“||Hotel de Love is a pleasant and sometimes funny film, without being completely satisfying.||”|
Stephen Holden of The New York Times called it an "enjoyably ditsy romantic comedy" and "an enlightened 1990s version of a French farce."
- Hotel de Love at Box Office Mojo
- "Australian Films at the Australian Box Office", Film Victoria Archived 9 February 2014 at the Wayback Machine accessed 24 October 2012
- "Interview with Craig Rosenberg", Signet, 25 November 1996[permanent dead link] accessed 20 November 2012
- "Hotel De Love :: rogerebert.com :: Reviews". Rogerebert.suntimes.com. 7 February 1997. Retrieved 1 August 2011.