|Hotel Transylvania: The Series|
|Based on||Hotel Transylvania|
by Todd Durham
|Developed by||Mark Steinberg|
|Directed by||Robin Budd|
|Theme music composer|
|Country of origin|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||40 (74 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Original release||June 25, 2017 –|
Hotel Transylvania: The Series is a Canadian/American animated comedy television series produced by Sony Pictures Animation and Nelvana in association with Corus Entertainment. It is based on and serves as a prequel to the film Hotel Transylvania (2012), taking place four years before the events of the first film, focusing on the teenage years of Mavis and her friends at the Hotel Transylvania.
The 26-episode first season premiered on June 25, 2017, on Disney Channel in the United States, with the first episode released earlier on June 20, 2017, on the WATCH Disney Channel app, YouTube, and VOD. The last eight episodes of the first season were first streamed onto Netflix in the United States on June 25, 2018, prior to their television air dates. In Canada, the series premiered October 2, 2017, on Teletoon.
- Mavis (voiced by Bryn McAuley) is Dracula's daughter who wants to have fun with her friends.
- Wendy Blob (voiced by Evany Rosen) is a blob that is the daughter of Mr. Blob and is one of Mavis' friends.
- Hank N Stein (voiced by Gage Munroe) is the son of Frank and Eunice and is one of Mavis' friends.
- Pedro (voiced by Joseph Motiki) is a fat mummy who resembles Murray and is one of Mavis' friends. Pedro enjoys eating, sleeping, and rapping. His hero is The Sandman.
- Aunt Lydia (voiced by Dan Chameroy) is Dracula's older sister who pushes more order and tradition at the hotel when Mavis and her friends want to have fun. Aunt Lydia is strict and evil.
- Diane is Aunt Lydia's pet chicken who used to be a human.
- Dracula (voiced by David Berni) is Mavis' widowed overprotective father and is away on "official vampire business" at the Vampire Council. He is replaced by his elder sister Lydia as the head staff of the hotel.
- Frank (voiced by Paul Braunstein) is the father of Hank N Stein.
- Eunice is the mother of Hank N Stein.
- Quasimodo (voiced by Scott McCord) is Hotel Tranyslvania's residential chef.
- Uncle Gene (voiced by Patrick McKenna) is Mavis' uncle who enjoys playing video games.
- Dr. Gillman is a gill-man who is Hotel Transylvania's residential physician.
- Donald and Kitty Cartwright are a couple of humans who live with their toddler daughter near Hotel Transylvania. Donald is the fun and dim-witted father and Kitty is the overprotective mother who does anything to keep monsters away from her house, including installing the house with a high tech security system.
- Cerberus is a three-headed guard dog that mostly resides in Hotel Transylvania's Cerberus Pit.
- Klaus (voiced by Carter Hayden; pronounced "Klow-shh") is Mavis' cousin who is always out to beat her.
Hotel Transylvania: The Series' voice cast is based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, with the Dayton/Walters casting agency being responsible for the casting.
|First aired||Last aired|
|Shorts||N/A||4||June 9, 2017||June 24, 2017|
|1||48||26||June 25, 2017||October 25, 2018|
|2||TBA||October 8, 2019||TBA|
Sony Pictures Animation licensed Hotel Transylvania: The Series for platforms in Africa, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Europe (excluding Germany), Latin America, the Middle East, and the United States. Sony Pictures Television is the distributor in the United States, while Nelvana Enterprises, successor of Nelvana International, is the distributor of the Hotel Transylvania: The Series internationally. The series debuted on Teletoon in Fall 2017 in Canada. In India, the series premiered on December 18, 2017, on Disney Channel India. The series will be shown in Germany by Super RTL in 2018 and also on CITV in the UK the same year. Repeats of the series started airing on Disney XD in the US as of October 2019. The last eight episodes of the first season were shown on Netflix in the United States on June 25, 2018, a year after the show premiered.
- "Nelvana and Sony Pictures Animation Check in Together on Hotel Transylvania Animated TV Series". Corus Entertainment. July 14, 2015. Retrieved October 5, 2016.
- "Columbia Pictures Press Kit - Hotel Transylvania" (PDF).
- http://daytonwalters.com/DAYTONWALTERS/TV_files/web%20tv%20resume%20November%20%202016.pdf[permanent dead link]
- "'Hotel Transylvania' TV Series in Development at Sony". TheWrap. July 14, 2015. Retrieved October 5, 2016.
- "'Hotel Transylvania' TV Series Headed to Disney Channels Worldwide". The Hollywood Reporter. June 20, 2016. Retrieved October 5, 2016.
- Evry, Max (May 22, 2017). "Hotel Transylvania Series First Look, Premiere Date and Teaser". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "Hotel Transylvania series bites into second season".
- "Hotel Transylvania: The Series Season 2 Episode Guide". Zap2it.
- "Hotel Transylvania: The Television Series". Corus Entertainment. Retrieved October 5, 2016.
- "CORUS ENTERTAINMENT PROUDLY BOLSTERS ITS DIVERSE 2017/18 PROGRAMMING SLATE WITH NEW AND RETURNING CANADIAN ORIGINAL PRODUCTIONS". Corus Entertainment. 2017-06-05. Retrieved 2017-06-09.