This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Logo of the company.
|Traded as||SEHK: 45|
|Industry||Hotels, Real estate, Tourism|
|Founded||March 2, 1866Hong Kong in |
HKCR No. 0000003
|Founder||Douglas Lapraik, Charles Henri Maurice Bosman, Emanuel Raphael Belilios, Baron Gustav von Overbeck|
|Asia, Europe, USA|
|Sir Michael David Kadoorie|
|Brands||The Peninsula Hotels|
|Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited (HSH)|
The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited (HSH; traded as SEHK: 45) is the holding company of a group which is engaged in the ownership, development, and management of hotels and commercial and residential properties in Asia, the United States and Europe, as well as the provision of tourism and leisure, club management and other services. Sir Michael Kadoorie owns 47% of the shares of HSH.
The Peninsula Hotels
The Peninsula Hotels portfolio comprises The Peninsula Hong Kong, The Peninsula Shanghai, The Peninsula Beijing, The Peninsula Tokyo, The Peninsula New York, The Peninsula Chicago, The Peninsula Beverly Hills, The Peninsula Bangkok, The Peninsula Manila and The Peninsula Paris. Projects under development include The Peninsula London, The Peninsula Istanbul and The Peninsula Yangon.
The property portfolio of the group includes The Repulse Bay Complex, The Peak Tower, The Peak Tram and St. John's Building in Hong Kong; The Landmark in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; the Thai Country Club in Bangkok, Thailand, and 21 avenue Kléber in Paris, France.
The company was incorporated in 1866 as The Hongkong Hotel Company, Limited, owner of the Hong Kong Hotel (opened in 1868), and was one of the first companies in Hong Kong to be listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong. In 2007, the Hong Kong Heritage Project was set up to archive historical materials from HSH, CLP Holdings and the Kadoorie family. The publicly accessible archive provides audio, visual and documentary evidence of HSH's activities through the 19th and 20th centuries.
- The Peninsula Hong Kong - 1928
- The Peninsula Manila - 1976
- The Peninsula New York - 1988
- The Peninsula Beijing - 1989
- The Peninsula Beverly Hills - 1991
- The Peninsula Bangkok - 1998
- The Peninsula Chicago - 2001
- The Peninsula Tokyo - 2007
- The Peninsula Shanghai - 2009
- The Peninsula Paris - 2014
- The Peninsula London, The Peninsula Istanbul and The Peninsula Yangon (under construction)
- Peak Tower, Hong Kong
- Peak Tram, Hong Kong
- The Repulse Bay, Hong Kong
- St. John's Building, Hong Kong
- Webb, David (2019). "HONGKONG AND SHANGHAI HOTELS, LIMITED (THE) 香港上海大酒店有限公司: Main Board". webb-site.com. David Webb. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "Bloomberg Billionaires Index - Michael Kadoorie". Bloomberg LP. Retrieved 10 March 2018.
- "Get to know our leaders". clpgroup. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- "Major Shareholders". Archived from the original on 2011-07-23. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Corporate profile". Archived from the original on 2005-12-14. Retrieved 2011-01-30.