|Michimasa Fujino, President and CEO|
Number of employees
|1200+ as of October 2014[update]|
|Parent||Honda Motor Co., Ltd|
The Honda Aircraft Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Honda Motor Company that has developed the prototype HondaJet and is slated to manufacture and market the production version of the aircraft. The company was formed as a separate entity in August 2006 under the leadership of president and CEO Michimasa Fujino.
On 10 October 2011 Honda announced at the National Business Aviation Association Convention and Exhibition in Orlando, FL, that the company would construct an 80,000-square-foot customer service facility near the world headquarters as an expansion of Honda Aircraft Company’s world headquarters in Greensboro, North Carolina. The $80 million expansion is expected to add over 400 jobs to the city.
The corporate headquarters are located at the Piedmont Triad International Airport in Greensboro, North Carolina, where the prototype HondaJet was also developed and flight tested. In February 2007 the Honda Aircraft Company announced plans to build a 215,000-square-foot (20,000 m2) office and manufacturing facility in Greensboro to support HondaJet production for deliveries in 2010. In April 2009 the company announced a delayed schedule with test flights in early 2010 and deliveries beginning in late 2011. In August 2010 Honda announced further delays: test flights would begin in November, but actually happened on 21 December 2010, and first deliveries to customers were originally planned to be in 2012.
- Arcieri, Katie (20 October 2014). "Honda Aircraft Co. begins construction on $19M expansion at PTI; total work force is now 1,200+". Triad Business Journal. American City Business Journals. Retrieved 21 December 2014.
- Holden, Henry M. (February 2007). "HondaJet: On a Wing and a Dare". Airport Journals. Retrieved 23 January 2015.
- "Honda Aircraft Company to Build New HondaJet Aircraft Maintenance Facility in Greensboro, North Carolina" (Press release). Las Vegas: Honda. 10 October 2011. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- "Honda Aircraft Company to Establish World Headquarters and Production Facility in Greensboro, NC" (Press release). Greensboro, NC: Honda. 9 February 2007. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- "HondaJet delays delivery of first light jet". Triad Business Journal. American City Business Journals. 30 April 2009. Retrieved 30 April 2009.
- Sobie, Brendan (7 August 2010). "Honda unveils conforming aircraft, plans November first flight". Washington DC: Flightglobal. Retrieved 17 August 2010.
- "HondaJet Receives Type Certification From Federal Aviation Administration" (Press release). Greensboro, NC: Honda. 9 December 2015. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
- "Honda Aircraft Company Begins HondaJet Deliveries" (Press release). Greensboro, NC: Honda. 23 December 2015. Retrieved 23 January 2016.