|Ho Sakta Hai|
Poster of the film
|हो सकता है|
|Directed by||Wilson Louis|
|Produced by||Ashok Kotwani|
|Written by||Wilson Louis|
|Screenplay by||Wilson Louis|
|Music by||Rahul Ranade|
|Box office||₹88,982 (equivalent to ₹230,000 or US$3,200 in 2019) (total)|
Ho Sakta Hai! (English: It could happen) is a 2006 Indian horror film directed by Wilson Louis and produced by Ashok Kotwani. The film stars Khalid Siddiqui, Hazel Crowney, Victor Banerjee in important roles. The film focuses on a family living their lives peacefully until they discover that they are falling prey to black magic. The film was screened in many international film festivals, albeit was a "major flop" at the Indian box-office.
- Khalid Siddiqui as Dr. Mohan
- Hazel Crowney as Claire
- Victor Banerjee as Mohan's grandfather
- Mukesh Tiwari as Kushaba (face reader)
- Neena Kulkarni as Shakuntala
- Jaya Bhattacharya as Snehal
- Pinky Campbell as Parvati (credited as Mohini)
- Master Dharmik as Tanya (Mohan's son)
Taran Adarsh from Bollywood Hungama rated the film 1.5 out of 5 praising Banerjee's performance along with Khalid and Hazel. Joginder Tuteja from IndiaGlitz praised the visual effects of the film. Parbina Rashid from The Tribune praised the performances of Banerjee and Mohini (Campbell).
Ho Sakta Hai was screened at Cannes Film Festival (2005) and Filmpur Film Festival in England (2005). The film was nominated within Best Three Films at the FICCI Awards. and won a Seagate Technical Award for Best Visual Effects.
|Year||Award||Ceremony||Result||Notes(s) / Ref(s)|
|2006||Best Visual Effects||Seagate Technical Awards||Won|||
|2006||Official Selection||Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences library||Selected|||
|2006||Best Visual Effects||FICCI Awards||Nominated|||
- "Ho Sakta Hai (2006) box-office collections". Bollywood Hungama. 2006. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- Rana Siddiqui. "Jogging new tracks". The Hindu Group. The Hindu. Archived from the original on 4 February 2016. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- Taran Adarsh (31 March 2006). "Ho Sakta Hai review". BH News Network. Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- Joginder Tuteja (28 March 2006). "Ho Sakta Hai Movie Review - Do you believe in an alternative force?". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- Parbina Rashid (2 April 2006). "Magic and Masala". The Tribune (Chandigarh). Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- "Wilson Louis' next is Mamma's Boy". Business of Cinema. 10 April 2006. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- "Little known facts about Ho Sakta Hai". IG Desk. IndiaGlitz. 23 March 2006. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- Sampurn (4 September 2010). ""It Is A Wrong Perception In The Minds Of People In India That A Horror Film Has To Be Gory" - Wilson Louis". Thaindian News. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- Amrita Jain (3 September 2010). "Under a spell". Indian Express Group. The Indian Express. Retrieved 6 February 2016.