Advertisement for film
|Directed by||William Worthington|
|Story by||L. V. Jefferson|
|Cinematography||Frank D. Williams|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
As described in a film magazine, Goto Mariyama (Hayakawa), Japanese owner of a fashionable gambling house, accepts the worthless check of Blair Whitcomb (McDonald), who has lost his fortune at the gaming table. Whitcomb makes an attempt on Mariyama's life. Gloria Manning (Novak), Whitcomb's fiance, is a nurse and saves Mariyama's life. He is about to propose marriage when he learns of her engagement. Much as he loves her, he still is determined to have his revenge upon Whitcomb. When the police come to take Whitcomb prisoner, so earnestly does Gloria plead for her sweetheart, even after she learns of his guilt, that Mariyama relents.
- Sessue Hayakawa as Goto Mariyama
- Jane Novak as Gloria Manning
- Francis McDonald as Blair Whitcomb
- Fred Montague as J.P. Manning
- Miyao, Daisuke (7 March 2007). Sessue Hayakawa: Silent Cinema and Transnational Stardom. Duke University Press. p. 241. ISBN 978-0-8223-8982-8.
- "Reviews: His Debt". Exhibitors Herald. New York City: Exhibitors Herald Company. 8 (25): 51. June 14, 1919.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to His Debt.|