Highway 70 is a highway, 76 km in length, running through the Western Galilee region in the Northern District of Israel. It connects the Mount Carmel region east of Zikhron Ya'akov to the Lower Galilee, Kiryat Ata, and Shlomi near Israel's border with Lebanon. The highway runs concurrently with Highway 6 for 2.5 km between Ein Tut Interchange and Elyakim Interchange and for 4 km between Tel Qashish and Ha'Amakim Interchange, then with Highway 75 for 4 km between Ha'Amakim Interchange and Yagur Junction, then again with Highway 6 for 5 km between Givot Alonim Interchange and Somekh Interchange.
Description of the highway
After Yokneam the road turns northwest toward Yagur and Kfar Hasidim until Yagur junction, paralleling the Jezreel Valley railway, then turns north toward Kiryat Ata and Shefaram and afterward continues through the Western Galilee until Shlomi.
At the end of the 1990s, the two junctions near the southern end of the road, at Bat Shlomo and Elyakim, were reconstructed into interchanges, to enable uninterrupted travel from Shefaya junction to Yokneam junction.
Junctions & Interchanges on the highway
Part 1 – Ein Tut to Yokneam
- Ein Tut Interchange with Highway 67 and Highway 6 (opened July 20, 2009)
- Elyakim Interchange with Route 672 (opened July 20, 2009)
- Tel Qashish Interchange with Highway 6 and Highway 77
- Yokneam Junction
- Yokneam Illit Junction
Part 2 – Yokneam to Yagur
Part 3 – Yagur to Kfar Yasif
- Yagur Interchange with Highway 75
- Kfar Hasidim Junction
- Zevulun Valley Junction with Route 780
- Givot Alonim Interchange with Highway 6
- Somekh Interchange with Highway 79 and Highway 6
- Avlayim Junction with Route 781
- Tamra Junction
- Yavor Junction with Route 805
- Ahihud Junction with Highway 85
- Kfar Yasif Junction with Highway 85
There are plans to replace the two junctions at Ahihud and Kfar Yasif with one interchange.
Part 4 – Kfar Yasif to Hanita
- Yirka-Julis Junction
- Abu Sinan
- Yas'ur (kibbutz)
- Oshrat – Beit HaEmek
- Amka junction Route 859
- Sheikh Danun junction
- Netiv HaShayara junction
- HaShayara Junction
- Kabri Junction with Highway 89
- Matzuva junction
- Shlomi junction
- Hanita Junction with Route 899
- Amiram Bareket (August 5, 2010). "מע"צ תפרסם בקרוב מכרז להקמת מחלף יגור ב-250 מ' שקל" [National Roads Company Will Publish Tender for Yagur Interchange for NIS 250 Million]. Globes (in Hebrew). Retrieved 2010-08-06.