|Hermitage High School|
312 North School Drive
|School district||Hermitage School District|
|NCES District ID||0507710|
|Authority||Arkansas Department of Education (ADE)|
|Superintendent||Dr. Tracy Tucker|
|NCES School ID||050771000485|
|Student to teacher ratio||8.82|
|Education system||ADE Smart Core curriculum|
|School color(s)|| Black |
|Athletics conference||2A Region 8 (2012–14)|
|Team name||Hermitage Hustlin' Hermits|
|Feeder schools||Hermitage Elementary School (PK–6)|
|Affiliation||Arkansas Activities Association AdvancED (1951–)|
|Federal funding||Title I|
Hermitage High School is an accredited comprehensive public high school serving students in grades nine through twelve in Hermitage, Arkansas, United States. The school supports families in Hermitage and nearby unincorporated communities in Bradley County and is the sole high school administered by the Hermitage School District.
The assumed course of study follows the Smart Core curriculum developed the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE), which requires students to complete at least 24 credit units before graduation. Students engage in regular and career focus courses and exams and may select Advanced Placement (AP) coursework and exams that provide an opportunity to receive college credit.
The Hermitage High School mascot and athletic emblem is the Hermit with school colors of black and white.
For the 2012–14 school years, the Hermitage Hermits participate in the 2A Classification within the 2A Region 8 Conference (football) and 2A Region 7 West Conference (basketball) as administered by the Arkansas Activities Association. The Hermits compete in various interscholastic activities including football, golf (boys/girls), cross country (boys/girls), basketball (boys/girls), baseball, fastpitch softball, track and field (boys/girls), and cheer.
Clubs and traditions
Hermitage students participate in a full range of clubs and organizations including Art Club, Band, Character Education Club, Choir, Student Council, National Honor Society, Fire Marshals, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), FFA, Yearbook.
- Jeff Wardlaw, District 8 member of the Arkansas House of Representatives, which includes Bradley County.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Hermitage School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Search for Public Schools - Hermitage High School (050771000485)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "School Profile, Hermitage High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Institution Summary, Hermitage High School". AdvancED. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- Wooten, Patty (January 9, 2012). "State Rep. Jeff Wardlaw announces reelection bid". Seark Today. Archived from the original on August 15, 2013. Retrieved August 15, 2013.